I experience the same issue with the letter “k” only in Artists - Filter.
If I enter 2 letters quickly, such as “ki” there is no issue !?
No issue with the letter “z” though. Very weird.
Important remark, the problem occurs on Roon Client:
Laptop Windows 11 : YES
iPad iPadOS: 16.4.1 : YES
Samsung S10e Android 12 : NO ISSUE
It is becoming even more weird. Let me first show this picture.
If I first Focus on Artists - Qobuz Library - filter with “k” is no problem
If I Focus on Artists - linux1 - filter with “k” is no problem
If I Focus on Artists - linux2 - filter with “k” , the issue occurs.
So, one would think that there is an issue with (part) of my Local Library.
However, if I first Focus on e.g. Qobuz Library
and then, keep the filter and remove the Focus, then it works normally (i.e. no issue):
Now it is really driving me nuts:
After I have done this 2 steps (1st focus, then remove Focus) - it keeps on working fine , e.g. I can search on the letter “b” , and than “y” and then “z” , and then “k” the issue does not present itself.
Problem solved? Not so quick!!!
On my iPad I have the same behaviour:
filter with letter’“k” in Artists killed the app.
Focus first on e.g. Artists - Qobuz Library , the filter “k” - works fine.
Removing focus , filter “k” keeps working OK.
Focus on “k” after this step, keeps on working fine, untill you do something else, 2 examples:
- switch from Artists view to Album view, leaving the filter “k” (i.e. no reset of the filter)
go back to Artists view and the app will close itself again.
- close the app yourself (i.e. closing Roon Client)
After starting up the client again, problem reoccurs.
I retested on my Windows laptop, same behaviour.
(But as indicated before, no issues on my Samsung phone)
Very bizarre indeed.
Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
- Pinkfaun 2.16X Server, running on Audiolinux, AMD 7 3700 processor, 16GB RAM, 1 HD Samsung SSD 250GB for Roon + 2nd HD Samsung 4TB SSD for local music
- Roon version 2.0 build: 1244
- HQPlayer: HQPlayer Embedded 4.31.0
Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
- iPad Air Pro – 128GB - running iPadOS 16.4.1 - Roon version 2.0 build: 1242
- Samsung S10e – running Android version 12 kernel 4.14.113-25257816 – Roon version 2.0 build: 1242 Wifi 6
- PC running Windows 11 Home - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Ram 16GB, Roon version 2.0 build: 1244
Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
- Ethernet & Wifi Mesh network (Wifi 6) built on 3 * Asus Zenwifi XT8
- Connected to Service Provider modem
- Speedtest connection speed ethernet 93Mbps download – 18Mbps upload
- Roon Core connected via ethernet, Remote PC connected via ethernet
- Mobile Remotes connected via Wifi6
Audio devices in use
- T+A 8 DSD connected to Roon Core, using HQPlayerEmbedded, connected via USB
- Endpoints : 1 * Cambridge Audio CXN v2 , connected via ethernet
- Local library on separate internal 14TB + 12 TB SSD harddisks in Roon Server
- Qobuz Hi-fi Sublime streaming service
- 62194 tracks (4176 albums – 2421 local, 1755 Qobuz)
- Location 1 : USB disk connected to Core Machine - 2GB capacity
- Location 2 : Synology NAS 10,8 TB capacity
- Location 3 : USB disk connected to Synology NAS - 7,2 TB capacity