Dear Roon team,
I just downloaded Roon. I have about 1000 Albums.
Roughly 600 classical, 250 jazz, rest pop/rock…
I want to create own views of my albums like:
classical/symphony/composer/album that is in fact
- tag: genre
- tag: grouping
- tag: composer
- tag: album-title
I wasn’t able to create such a easy view - but I think maybe I’m to new to understand how to manage this.
Thanks a lot for fast reply
It’s a little unclear what you are trying to achieve Joachim. Are you trying to be able to drill down into your collection to identify a particular album or to create “buckets” to put albums in.
I’m not really following what you looking for but wondered if you have tried using Roon’s Focus feature?
Does this help? If not perhaps you could describe in more detail what you are attempting to achieve.
By combining tags with the Bookmark feature, you can create smart (i.e. automatically adapting as you add more music) collections. These can be by a single tag, or by multiple tags, hearts (and other focus criteria) using boolean:or logic.
I strongly suspect you’ll find that what you’re trying to do is easily within roon’s capability.
There’s usually multiple ways to do things in roon, but if you give us a bit more detail (with detailed examples really helpful), we might be able to steer you towards the quickest path.
what I want to achieve is to have a fast and easy way of selection of Music:
- Selecting Genre: I now view on the GUI the different Genres that are available in my library like: Jazz, Classical, Rock,… (ID3TAG=Genre)
- From this GUI-View I now select one of the avaiable Genres. Lets say “Classical”. (ID3Tag Genre = Classical)
- Now my GUI-View changes to the next View that is in fact showing all Music with ID3TAG GENRE=Classical AND ID3TAG Grouping. I use the ID3Tag Grouping to have a kind of Subgenre. For Cassical Music I use terms like: Symphony, Klavierkonzert, Oper, Orchestermusik,…
- Now I select from this GUI-View one of the available Grouping. Lets say Symphony (ID3TAG Grouping = Symphony).
- Now my GUI-View changes to the next View that is in fact showing all Music with ID3TAG GENRE = Classical AND ID3TAG GROUPNG=Symphony AND ID3Tag COMPOSER. In fact I now have a selection of all Composers that craetes Symphonies that are CLASSICAL
- From this GUI-View I now select as an example: Ludwig van Beethoven
- Now my GUI-View changes to a View that shows me all Music with: ID3TAG GENRE = Classical AND ID3TAG GROUPNG=Symphony AND ID3Tag COMPOSER=Ludwig van Beethoven AND ID3TAG Albumtitle. In fact I now have a selection of all Albums that are Symphonies, composed by Ludwig van Beethoven. Now I select the Album that I want to listen to.
I think there is a way to create this kind of layered search in roon - I just could not figure out how this could be achieved. Hopefully I could explain sufficiently my task (my english is not that good )
Thx a lot for helping