Crestron Control integration TIDAL Search

Nucleus + integrated with Crestron using newest module. If you select Tidal in the crestron media player, followed by artist and try to search artist, it says none found, however the search works when using the Roon native app @ steve @support

Hello @Lou_Santello,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. I have a few questions to begin troubleshooting:

Please let me know the above information and we can continue from there.

Thanks,
Noris

I setup a 2nd system using the example file and I would the complained problem, Follow these procedures to see the issue. Select the zone on the crestron app, which will page flip to the media object page, select Tidal, select Tidal search and try to search a name of ANY artist that does not exists on ant of your has or USB libraries. It’s not searching Tidal for these ARTISTS, We end up with zero results. If you do a Tidal search for an artist that does exist on your Nas or USB library, that’s a different story,but we are trying to do a Tidal search. Tidal search does work fine from the Roon native app

Hello @Lou_Santello,

Thanks for letting me know about this behavior. I have tried to reproduce and have noticed similar findings as you did. I have gone ahead and asked the devs to take a closer look at this behavior and see if there is something that we can improve here regarding TIDAL searching. I will be sure to update you once I hear back and am hopeful that we can improve this feature in a future Crestron module release.

Thanks,
Noris

@support I have a Nucleus, CP3 all running current release and I have the same issue with browsing my music in Tidal. I see all of my artists, but they all show 0 albums.

Hello @Joel_Remender,

Thanks for letting me know that you also have experienced this behavior. I have filed a ticket regarding this with the dev team and this ticket is in their queue for review. I will be sure to let you know once I have more information to share and will be sure to update both of you here once this has been taken a look at by the devs.

Thanks,
Noris

@support any news on this issue yet?

@Joel_Remender - I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that this ticket is still in our development queue. Our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

– Noris

@support Any updates? We’re really looking forward to being able to deploy Roon along with our Crestron systems, but the integration just doesn’t seem ready yet.

Hello @Joel_Remender,

We have made a few improvements regarding TIDAL search in our Crestron module and the updated module is currently being tested by the QA team.

I cannot comment on an exact timeline of when the update module will be published, but once it is this behavior should be greatly improved.

Thanks,
Noris

@support so the issue I’m having is a known issue? Is this forum the only way to get support? It would be great if I could get someone on the phone.

Hey @Joel_Remender – yes, we do all support here on Community, and we don’t offer phone or email support.

The good news is that we’ve helped tens of thousands of users with all sorts of issues, big and small, and I’m sure our team will be able to help here as well.

Yes, and I can see we have some fixes coming for TIDAL search in Creston coming very soon. While I don’t have an exact date, I can tell you we’re working hard to get the next version of Roon shipped soon.

Once it’s live, please let us know if you have any additional issues with TIDAL, our Crestron module, or anything else. Thanks @Joel_Remender!

1 Like

Hello @Joel_Remender,

We have just released Crestron Build 8 which addresses the TIDAL search functionality:

Please upgrade when possible and let us know how it goes!

– Noris

A post was split to a new topic: No albums show up in TIDAL -> Your Favorites -> Artists Tab