Customized Displays: OK to share?

I know this is a old thread but I’ve been experimenting. Do I just copy this into the existing file?

Just remember, that you will have to redo the file anytime Roon updates.

Hi-
Using a chromecast for the web/screen display.
Trying to change one thing: the color of the progress bar on the timeline at the bottom of the screen. I don’t like the default purple.
I’ve tried several things that haven’t worked.
Can someone tell me what line I need to change to change the purple color of the progress indication to another color?

Try changing the background-color of #progressbar. That said, you may also need to change some of the other elements as I’ve hacked mine to output a solid line rather than the waveform …

Thanks, but hacking just that line doesn’t cause any change.
Wonder what else needs to be changed?

You need to add the following to #waveformcontainer

filter: hue-rotate(90deg);
-webkit-filter: hue-rotate(90deg);

Just play around with the number of degrees until you find a colour you like.

The only thing you need to change is in display_ui.js see at the very bottom in screenshot and enter your favorite colors (I’m using white and grey)

fillStyle-
That also didn’t cause any change.
Still have the standard purple.

added and changed the degrees to 45
no difference from what was before…

Using a chromecast for the web/screen display.

Too bad, sorry that doesn’t work for you.
:man_shrugging:
I’m using Chrome Webbrowser to display info - see here - not a Chromecast, so that may be the culprit … anyone else got an idea?

1 Like

You have to adjust the JavaScript and HTML to get the album title. It’s been a while but I recall it being fairly easy but I’ll have to take a look at the code again and get back to you. Shoot me a reply or PM if you’re still interested.

1 Like

Here’s some info on it:

I use the 3 line support that’s already built in, you just have to code for it in both the display_ui.js and display_ui.html files. The code contains support for 1-3 lines. I believe line 1 is track, line 2 is artist, and line 3 is the album.

* @property {object}  now_playing.one_line - Display text for one-line displays

* @property {string}  now_playing.one_line.line1

* @property {object}  now_playing.two_line - Display text for two-line displays

* @property {string}  now_playing.two_line.line1

* @property {string}  [now_playing.two_line.line2]

* @property {object}  now_playing.three_line - Display text for three-line displays

* @property {string}  now_playing.three_line.line1

* @property {string}  [now_playing.three_line.line2]

* @property {string}  [now_playing.three_line.line3]

First, in the update_zones function in display_ui.js, you will need to define line 3 and change to the three_line object:

var line1 = zone.now_playing.three_line.line1 != undefined ? zone.now_playing.three_line.line1 : line1;
var line2 = zone.now_playing.three_line.line2 != undefined ? zone.now_playing.three_line.line2 : line2;
var line3 = zone.now_playing.three_line.line3 != undefined ? zone.now_playing.three_line.line3 : line3; <<< add this line, it is not there by default. line1 and line2 need to be changed to use the three_line object instead of two_line

Then search anywhere the variables line1 and line2 are used, I just copied one of those and changed it to line3, should be a few places to do this. In the HTML file I did virtually the same, I created an entry for a line3 container that matched what line2 already had. You will need to tweak the CSS to get it in position where you want it.

#line3container {
    height: 5vh;
    top: 58%;
}
#line3container span {
    box-sizing: border-box;
    font-size: 2vh;
    padding-left: 0.4vh;
    font-style: italic;
}
    <div class="linecontainer" id="line3container">
        <span class="back"></span>
        <span class="front"></span>
    </div>

I believe that is all I did but it has been a long time since I really looked at the code more than just a glance. I can send you my files if it will help.

2 Likes

This works with these modifications:

I LOVE the new options for the display that people developed. And I absolutely agree that album art should be front and center, rather than some random artist pictures.

I have followed the instructions to do this myself but ran into some problems. Any help is much appreciated.

I have located the display_ui.html file on my Mac. I have opened the file, replaced the code with the code provided here and restarted both my Roon core and the display (both web display and google chromecast). Unfortunately, I do not see any changes whatsoever. It just keeps showing the same old display.

So, either Roon does not notice that the file has been changed OR I am editing the wrong file. Possibly, the reason is that the Mac is not my core, but I am using ROCK on a NUC for that. However, on the ROCK itself, I can’t find the webroot directory, nor the display_ui.html file anywhere.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot in advance!!

1 Like

Why can’t they just make an option with a clean design to choose from :/. A lot of people have to tinker for years now, would be probably few hours for the devs…

Still no luck for me, I am using Rock via Apple TV Remote App. Seriously, I am using Apple Music more often lately in the living room, just because the display is just clean, without these random pics roon uses. Sad!

1 Like

Not sure if this is the current thread on this since it hasn’t been updated in a while… but it opened my eyes for the possibility to change a few things. So I wanted to say Thanks to everyone who has shared key info in this thread.
I’ve used an iPad and an photo frame and currently have this…

1 Like

I posted this question in support - but I suspect my answer lies in this thread: Display options for an external wide display (1920x480) - Customised Web Output or Roon Application

I am trying to alter the Web Display for a 1920x480 monitor.

However, I started to fiddle with the Display_ui.html to just get a feel for it, but it doesnt appear to do anything?

I am running Roon Server and editing the file stored here. It has no effect at all. To check, I did a quick edit on the colocated index.html file and changed the title, and this worked - which makes me think it is using the server etc.

C:\Users\MYCOMPUTERNAME\AppData\Local\RoonServer\Application\200001311\webroot

Any ideas why changing this does nothing? Is it possible cached or not referring to the CSS file? I have even deleted it, and it has no effect:

Hello, I have a Zidoo Z9X and when I stream from Roon I would like to have a different design. Should I change in Roon Core or in the Zidoo? This is a beginners question but I need to start somewhere.

Is it really not possible to do this if your core is Roon ROCK? Surely there is a way…

Hej Thorbjorn,

I also own a Zidoo Z9X. But I do not understand your question. However you can contact me and we can find out more.

Henrik

1 Like