Customizing the Roon theme

Mark my words: this is for sure the path to going back to JRiver! :innocent: :rofl: :joy:

Can you also edit font sizes and types by following this path?

Haha just working on it…

I have just changed this

into this

Just a start.

3 Likes

You can make a new theme as wel. Have not figured out yet how to change the name from unknown into something else

1 Like

There is another file in that folder, named “name”.

Roon community can make a “Custom Community Theme” to request Roon for implementation in the next release :rofl:

anyone figured out how to do this on macOS ? poked around for a while and could not see/find a similar file.

How? (what’s the roon color name?)

Yes, I have seen that and tried to name the new made theme but I think it needs a reference somewhere. I made a new theme with the name Medium but it keeps showing up as Unknown. Not that it matters much, it works. My girlfriend is allready busey with getting rid of the BIG fonts everywhere.

I know this is something that gets destroyed with every new update but it is certainly fun, and after some fiddling very worthwhile.

1 Like

You create a new folder with these two files:

1 Like

Nyquist, over here:

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\webroot

No, my question was how to change the background of the “Recent Activity” section. No matter what I do (see my example above) that and the “Discover” section are not changing their color.

Well, it’s all about having fun!

The file is here: Applications/Roon.app/Contents/Resources/Themes/Dark/colors

Right-click the Roon application icon to get at the Contents folder.

Go to your applications folder, and right-click on the Roon icon. Select “Show Package Contents” from the menu that opens. From there, it’s:

Contents > Resources > Themes > Dark (or “Creamsicle”) > Colors

Please change these two values like below:

1 Like

That’s it, somehow I’ve missed that. Thank you.

I don’t particularly like the mix of the old font and the new Grifo-font, so I copied and renamed two of the OpenType NotoSans fonts residing in the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756 dir to the original Grifo-name. Works on Windows 8.1. I would not say it is now of high-end graphic design, but one type of font is easier on my eyes.

Oh thank you, so much better. Just did it on my Mac Pro desktop and will do for my MacBook later. Saved the color file in a folder for later use.