Cut and paste feature in Roon

I’d like to be able to cut and paste information from Roon to easily search on the internet.
Sometimes Roon has only a small amount of info about an artist or album and I’d like to read more.
I’ve read an answer to another user who was told that the information on Roon is akin to a video game rather than a web page.
I for one would appreciate a cut and paste feature, is there a chance of it coming in the future?

9 Likes

Apparently Paul, this is a limitation of the platform Roon uses. That said, boy you are spot on! What a tool this could become. +1

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, yes you’re right there.

It’s weird having to use my memory or having a Roon and a browser open next to each other at the same time to search for more information on the net after seeing something on Roon.Cheers

Paul

Failing the ability to actually cut/paste, how about a small ‘copy content’ button that simply copies the track/album/artist to the clipboard? Or even just an option in one of the ‘…’ menus.

It might seem like a silly thing, but for long unfamiliar names or names with umlauts and accents it would really help, particularly for those of us who suffer from dyslexia.

Well, it’s not much, but there is this…

The text in that window (and similar windows in other edit screens) is selectable.

1 Like

Thanks Brian,

As a workaround that’s not a bad one, thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like