Daily Mixes - more info behind the mix please - as you do in Playlist

I’d like to use Daily Mixes more, but i often have no idea what the music in them is all about. 3-4 Artists are referenced and no genres provided, unlike you do in Playlists by Roon. I want to use but be able to choose my music to fit my mood at the time.

For example:

Playlist by Roon - Deutsche Jazz: (Jazz) (Fusion) (International) (Funk) (Hard Bop) (Post Bop) (R&B) (Jazz Funk). Explore the vibrant world of Deutsche Jazz! Immerse yourself in the rich melodies and innovative sounds… Super clear were i am going…

By contrast -

Daily Mix - Patoranking Mix: Featuring Baby Signal, Buju Banton, Tay Iwar, and more.
Ummm… who is Patoranking and the rest? What kind of music is here?

The Genre descriptors are priceless when seeking to make a choice, and i prefer not to be guessing at what i am selecting. That level of randomness is not Roon!

Hope this is a reasonable ask and simple to implement!

Roon Playlists are curated by a person, hence the unique description and everyone gets the same. Daily mixes are randomly generated everyday for each user and are unique to that user. Even if you get an artist twice in a week the chosen songs would be different. I’m not sure tgst a randomly generated blurb would read as well as one curated by a human.

Thanks - makes sense of course. However, thinking that the tracks selected in daily mixes will have associated genres.

Would it be difficult to run a script to pull out the 5 most mentioned tags among the tracks listed and share them at the mix name level?

1 Like