I like the new Daily picks feature. But I wish there was a button I could click that would just start playing tracks from the albums
I agree with you on the button to start the ball rolling. If its a single album then it brings up the play menu. I have one of the singles. For multiple albums it bring up a list. A lot of work to queue them all up. I can go through the list one by one and add the albums for later. So far I like the selections.
2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Daily Picks - Option to disable
Under one Daily Picks you can long press to multi-select the albums and have the same play options available as elsewhere within Roon’s UI.
Good tip with the select all. But once all are selected, it just plays all the albums one after the other, right? There is no way to play random tracks or shuffle from the selected albums, is there? Thanks
Not a lot to add here, the new Daily Picks functionality needs a way to shuffle/play now/radio based on the suggested albums.
There is, select all then hit shuffle.
This also works for Play Now.
There is no point in Roon Radio, since that only works on the very last track played; it does not parse the whole list.
The problem with selecting all and clicking “Play now” is that it’s not picking arbitrarily. Shuffle is not available. Only way to do this is to click play now and then selecting shuffle from the queue screen.
Maybe I’m missing something, but I have never seen a shuffle option, anywhere in Roon. where is it?
Go to
> Play actions and select the Customize options to add Shuffle
You can also alter the order of the actions by using the drag handles (the 6 dots icon to the right of each action)
The process I was talking about is the following for Shuffling Daily Picks:
- Select All
- Add to Queue
- Go to Queue page
- Click the shuffle Icon (I highlighted it in Green in the pic below)
Shuffle is also available in some menus (not all - it depends) once turned on under Settings/Play Actions like Geoff described.
I love, love this feature. (Sorry to be positive.). This feature has brought me back to Roon.
· I like the single album matching and the other full 30-albums matching. Perhaps introduce a toggle for the User to set their preferred number of albums?
· The graphics on this whole area are outstanding. Can you please bring the same standard of visual quality to my album displays (perhaps as an option?) for my Roon Playlists?
· I think this is great that this is both an internal looking feature (what I have listened to or have in my library) and similar music pulled from my external music streaming service. Bravo. Perhaps give folks the option where they want External, Internal, or Both?
· For me, I have been selecting one complete Daily Picks and creating a playlist. The name of the Playlist is an art. I drop the top 4 Roon Daily Picks mentioned group names into a search engine and ask for the common music genres. I get very nice mostly unique results. I then name the playlist with those common music genres names. For example, Ambient Space Drone Glacial Minimum – great for getting ready for sleep! (I also include the names of the Roon provided key groups in the playlist name for better searching.). Could you consider providing a suggested Common Music Genres for each Daily Pick? The User could then modify or accept when saving as a playlist.
· Perhaps add a Daily Picks utility where the User inputs a group or groups or song or songs and Roon immediately provides a Daily Match (see what I did there?).
· Please consider adding an additional Albums shuffle to Daily Picks. This would bring in additional Albums (internal, external or both) to the selected Daily Pick (or to my Playlist) matching the themes of the common music genres. Imight even want to re-run a specific Daily Pick at a later date to capture changes / new music.
· And yes, as others have mentioned, Standard Play / Shuffle (songs) / Shuffle (albums) / Start Radio (from the whole Daily Mix or Playlist – not just from a single song) keys would be helpful on the Daily Picks.
Okay. My shopping list for now. Thanks for reading. Please keep-up the great work! Barry
Could do with a shuffle button in the Arc app for Daily Picks as well.
That was a useful comment, thanks Geoff.




