Daphile + Roon? Yes, we can!

Simple:

In advanced settings (Daphile web panel) use yours Roon Core address in adv/General(player)/MediaServer ( before I installed plug-ins ie.: uPNP/DLNA/Chromecast Bridge… after that in Roon flash “Squeezelite end-piont”, full identification @ Roon software, mysqueezebox also full access (internal address), but no playback and only 96KHz etc… so, no fun ;)). Hint: install plug-ins before change server address.

When you changed address to external (Roon Core) you have successful identification on software (with correct end-point name i.e.: Daphile) and …smooth playback. Max PCM = 192, you can use also DoP (Daphile/plug-ins/DSD). Ofc it works only when DAC / sound card on Daphile PC support 1 bit.

My setup**: Daphile PC (passive HP terminal with PCI-e riser), Matrix X-Hi and M2Tech HiFace DAC. No drops, gapless, bit perfect, play DSD (HiFace DAC have not full support that signal, but music is very quiet… anyways it works). **Roon (Core) works 24/7 on iMac

All here works like Squeezebox player, just like my Squeezebox Touch** in different zone :slight_smile: (sometimes you have double ident., use player with correct MAC address… check it on Daphile web panel adv/settings/general)

**even better: DSD playback, MQA support on Roon…

Has anyone got roon going with Daphile, I am afraid I am struggling to decipher the instructions above.

Its ok worked it out!

I could not. Could you please teach a beginner a step-by-step?

How far along are you? Do you have a daphile player set up?

Hi, sorry, I need to explain better. Yes, I have Dalphi installed on a sony netbook and Roon Core on the macbook. I type the Roon Core address correctly, but there is no connection

First…thanks to Antoni Wozniak…for the instruction how to…It is simple… First you must install plugins on Daphile. DSD plugin and uPNP/DLNA/Chromecast Bridge plugin…Restart Daphile…and configure uPNP/DLNA/Chromecast Bridge…you must insert Roon IP address and change playback to max…192 if your DAC suport this. Than you change in Daphile to external server and insert again Roon IP address…In Roon must enable squeezbox suport and thats it…Works perfect 24/192…DSD…MQA…

Tried this on an old HP Thin Client. It worked for me without installing any plugins. 24/192 seems to be a Roon limitation on LMS compatibility. My Daphile screen reports 24/384 as hardware limitation but Roon cuts it off by resampling.

No big deal however, my only 24/384 album is ‘Never Mind The Bollocks’…

DSD works fine.

Now onto solving some remaining buffer underrun problems when using WiFi.