Debug log? Do you know ... do you know Diretta Protocol?

My Roon Core in HP Elidesk 800 SFF (i5-9500, 16 RAM, 3.00 Ghz) connected to Sforzato DSP 050 EX DAC/player (Roon Ready), as Roon ready works well everything except some DSD 256 files that fails some times (too slow, hardware, etc.).

My problem is that with the ASIO driver DIRETTA (see Diretta protocol, it’s a system that works LAN via IPv6 instead of USB) it works fine with Roon during 1-2 minutes… then Roon fails and music stops (same messages, too slow, hardware, etc., etc).

I contacted DIRETTA and they said :
Check the debug log.
Roon side may stop playback

I reseted everything, Roon, Asio driver, cables,router, speed test, … I am no expert in Windows 10 and not familiar with MS2… do you think I should off the debug log?

If so can you give me simple instructions for that?

I need to solve this problem, it happens only with my Roon/PC combo, with the portable computer of a freind it works well all the time (same Asio driver).
Thank you very much and best regards

Carlos Suarez
[Moderated: Personal information removed]

First of all, I don’t think you want to display your email address on a public forum for the world to see and harvest.

The logs can be found as described here:

As you get the same messages with or without Diretta, maybe your problem is elsewhere? “works well everyting except some DSD 256 files that fails some times (too slow, hardware ,etc).” simply seems that your computer is too slow for what you are trying to do.

What does the performance indicator in your signal path say when you play something that leads to the problem?

USB does not run a LAN. Regardless of what I think about Diretta, for troubleshooting I would simplify and remove it from the equation at least until it runs stable without it. If you then add it back and the problems start again, then I would talk to the Diretta people

Thank you for your quick answer.

Roon works well with 95% of my files and I am happy.
5% are DSD256 files that does not work well in my system (I am trying to discover why?).

Diretta is not in the equation since does not work in my system, I use Roon Ready with good results with my Sforzato via LAN (no USB) maybe I should improve the computer but works very well in most of my files.

I tried to solve the Diretta using several computers and only with a portable computer of a friend worked well ( a cheaper and less worst computer by the way, only 8 Ram, etc.).

I contacted with Diretta (before than Roon) with this Diretta problem and they said that could be the problem in Roon side, perhaps with “debug log issues”.

As I mentioned to you I am not an expert in Windows, I am trying to solve this with little knowhow,

The error message that appears is “too slow … maybe hardware or software problem”

Best regards

I would guess the computer is too slow. What does the processing speed indicator at the top of your signal path say when you play something that leads to the problem?

OK, I don’t understand why you mentioned it then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think a i5-9500, 16 Ram, 3.00 Ghz its to slow? maybe you are right but I think its a config problem ( the cheaper and most modest portable computer of my friend worked perfect with Diretta via LAN with my Sforzato Dac/player).
Should I change the debug log? or change the computer?
thank you for your effort
Best regrds

There is another ongoing thread where a similar (though probably slower) computer is too slow for DSD256 with convolution enabled and the processing speed indicator is below 1 (and just slightly above 1 with DSD128 and convolution). Instead of guessing, can you just look at your signal path? It takes a second and at the worst could at least rule out this cause.

Yes , its 0,8- 0,9 the speed when working well, its below 1 with convolution enable.
After 1-2 minutes stops, and
If I understand well , its not a config or debug log problem, I need a better computer ( more Ram or better CPU? a i7 ? please advise
Thank you very much.
CArlos

its below 1 when playing with he Dac, if I reproduce the music with the PC (without dac) then speed goes to 4-5…so problem its not the PC right?

The processing speed must be at least consistently at approx.1,3 or higher to be on the safe side. Else the computer is too slow for the things you are trying to do

It sounds like when playing to the DAC it does some additional DSP work compared to playing without the DAC, and this additional work is too much for the PC speed.

The signal path shows you each step in detail, so it should be possible to see what the difference is with/without DAC.

If you are unsure, please post screenshots of the signal path with and without DAC:

Roon works stable now, so I want to try to use my Sforzato Dac/Player with Diretta Lan driver ( its works only 1-2 minutes then stops ).
Diretta people ask me to check Debug Logs from Ronn side…can you help me to try to switch off this ? maybe they are right and only its a config problem…Thank you for your patience…Best regards
CArlos

I Check the debug log of my Roon Core, I have it in .txt format…
can I send it to you ? in order to see if its my bootleneck?
Best regards

@Suedkiez is just a customer like yourself.
If you want Roon support then I suggest you post in the support area and fill in the template you will see.

1 Like

ok thank you I did not know I was in the wrong side
Best regards

1 Like

No problem. Roon support mostly just look at the Support area, do best to post there.
You can refer to this thread by using a link to it like Ive done below.

Click the link button then copy and paste