Deezer support

oh wow… Deezer… totally forgot about them!

so, this is a weird situation… we actually had a an API style integration with Deezer before our team left our previous situation and formed Roon.

When we did Roon, we wanted to do Deezer like we did TIDAL, but Deezer Elite was the only tier that made sense for us to do. Unfortunately, Deezer Elite was “exclusive” to Sonos (I can’t remember if that was worldwide or just in the US). Our contacts at Deezer confirmed that with us, and there was no way to do a Roon integration of Deezer Elite. We heard it was a 12 month exclusivity, but then more than 12 months passed and we totally just forgot all about them.

It looks like it lasted almost 3 years… https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/30/16221584/deezer-hi-fi-service-google-cast-sonos – they announced September 2014, and that article is from August 2017.

I’ve asked the Roon bizdev team to figure this out again… I’m not sure what situation Deezer is in, and what their business looks like, but if it all makes sense, this might be a good thing to do.

13 Likes