Default Roon EQ settings

Dear Suedkiez,
I just corrected it; I was sure I mentioned it.
Probably you are not aware that people make mistakes sometimes. In such cases, in my world is normal to politely ask what I have in mind (as I made a mistake). In your world and mindset, it probably is not a case but to be rude.
I understand and am sorry you have such trouble with my question.

You asked a question and I answered it. I can’t know that you wanted to ask something else, and I wasn’t rude in any way.

Okay, you are passive-aggressive, which is considered rude.
Even the question “default parametric EQ setting” is relatively straightforward, as there are seven predefined settings.
Have a nice day. I would appreciate it if you could answer.

Danijel

:man_shrugging:
I’ll be making sure that I never try to answer your questions again

5 Likes

In the ‘DSP’ - ‘Parametric EQ’ window, click ‘Band x’ drop-down to open the existing bands’ dialog, from where you may select any existing band, or add a new one …

Adding a new band gets you to the …

… where you choose your desired filter type to then proceed to set up the parameters …

After choosing an existing band, though, click on ‘Type’ to get to choose the filter type …

I think that answers your pressing question…

Or you could just RTFM

I already had them predefined in Roon, but due to human error, I overwrote them.

You did not understand the question, did you?
I asked what parameters are predefined. I know how to use parametric EQ. I ask what defaults are.

I don’t think you are asking the question in the right way as three people have responded but you dont like the replies .
What exactly are you looking for?

3 Likes

Does that make you happy?

1 Like

@Danijel_Crncec
If this is what you’re asking about?

Then you can vote in the Feature Request section:

Simplistically, I would have expected that a Restore of the Roon database backup would also restore the equaliser parameters and other settings. Has anyone tried this successfully?

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s only possible if a setting was previously saved by using the “Add Filter” button. And then you don’t need to restore a backup, but can simply call up one of the previously saved filters.

2 Likes

Thanks - that makes sense.

No, not really. :frowning:
Thanks anyway.

I don’t make backups as there is nothing to back up.
My ROCK installation is the gateway only for Qobuz and Internet radio. The music I regularly listen to is either on CDs or vinyl.
Good idea, though, for the future.
Thanks.

1 Like

Actually, what I showed you is Roon’s default set of PEQ bands when activating it the first time, so I don’t know what you’re after, really.

Well, what bothers me is the following. I loaded a predefined “low pass” filter and here it is. The same was with “low shelf” (and others), but I overwrote them.

I showed you Roon’s default set of filter settings in my second post and how to change their settings in my first.
That should enable you to manually reset to the “default”.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Marin_Weigel, but this is not what I am looking for. On my ROCK, this curve is not flat but got the first three bands equalized (at least used to).