Deleting albums from hard drive

On my NAS I have a number of albums that are in both FLAC and MP3 format. This was not by design. I think it somehow happened by accident when I was doing a batch convert to MP3 for storage on a thumb drive.

I can find these thru the album page on Roon thru Focus/Inspector, but I can’t seem to delete them. The previous posts I find on the board on the subject seem to only apply to older versions of Roon.

I’m hoping there’s a alternative to tediously going thru the hard drive and deleting track by track.

Maybe Focus > MP3, then (…) > Edit like this:

… which opens the album editor, and then …

1 Like

After deleting remember to update database and save it.

1 Like

See, I can get that far, but then I don’t have the option to Delete Albums. Here is what my screen looks like:

Oh, FFS. I just have to scroll down further and there it is.

Sorry for wasting everyone’s time.

1 Like

It’s very annoying that scroll bars in Roon are inconsistently displayed, sometimes making it not obvious that there is more if there is no visible cut-off.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Don’t worry lots of people have been in the same boat and done exactly the same thing, Roon is a bit cryptic sometimes.

I doubt this will ever get fixed, they don’t seem to admit it’s a problem.

1 Like

Is that just a matter of going to Settings/Storage/Folders/(my NAS) and hitting “Force Rescan”?

No, go into Roon settings and then backups to save your database.
If you haven’t done it yet , then do it asap anyway.

Rescan anyway. Also do this ,clean library.

then backup

Thanks. I already do that semi-regularly.

1 Like

And @Faizal_Ali also create new a backup before you make any large changes

1 Like

What do you mean by “update” the DB and save it? Re-scan? I don’t think I ever force a re-scan, backup’s yes for sure and I run clean up every once and a while.

Sorry for confusion @Swisstrips , I mean to do as per my reply in post 9 above to @Faizal_Ali so force rescan , clean up library and then backup.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.