Demagnetise the digital to analog chain - Densen DeMagic

Allow me to introduce you to the Cable Cooker

1 Like

Can we not let this forum descend into product bashing please? I’m here to learn about Roon.

There are plenty of threads that will help with Roon issues or you can post one of your own.

Let the lads have their cruel fun.:laughing:

There are plenty of other forums where people can go to vent about snake oil, bad products or whatever. If I really wanted to read about Engineers taking umbridge with a product or manufacturer’s claim then I’d shoot over to Mark Waldrep’s forum.

Seems that Ayre thinks there is something to this. :slight_smile:

https://www.musicdirect.com/recommended-gifts-under-50/cardas-ayre-acoustics-irrational-but-efficacious-ibe-burn-in-cd

What the URL of that forum?

Thanks.

I agree with a lot of what this guy says but he throws the baby out with the bathwater: http://www.realhd-audio.com/?tag=mark-waldrep

That’s true of a lot of radical “objectivist” audio enterprises, like the late Peter Azcel’s “Audio Critic”. I consider myself what Azcel called a “knee jerk concilliator”. But when I read pure BS I can’t help myself.

Most of those guys claim amplifiers, CD players, DAC’s, MP3 vs. Red Book, etc. all sound the same and I’m not on board with that.

Some people like to see the world in back & white. Invariably if we take an extremist view on a topic we lose out on opportunities to learn.

I used to use an apparently similar process on the XLO test CD, every once in a while. It seemed to do something nice to the sound. The first run through the system would stutter some in playback. The second run would stutter less, and the third would usually be a clean playback. Strange. Besides that behavior, I have no idea why I thought I heard a difference in the sound quality after doing the demag sweeps. Haven’t used the sweep since I went all file-based, even though I have the CD ripped. Maybe that says something about how much of an impact it had on the listening experience…

No problem with speakers, I use ESL’s

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.