Demagnetise the digital to analog chain - Densen DeMagic

Would be very nice if you could make Densen DeMagic available in Roon so that we can demagnetise the whole digital to analog music chain.

Moving this to #roon:feature-requests ā€¦a better fit than support I think

I have that file, I was given the disk as a gift a few years ago. It has been used on a loop on new gear a couple of times but I am never convinced it does any more than ten minutes of playing music does!

Is the Densen DeMagic a CD. If so, canā€™t you simply rip it and use it in Roon that way?

I have the disk too but canā€™t recall if I have ripped it.

It can be ripped and it is recognised by Roon.

I have the CD, but no computer for ripping. I will ask Tidal if they can make it available.
Best regards
Kjell

This CD appears to have been around since at least 2003. I found this review interesting.

Is there anything for Roon to do here ? The CD seems capable of being ripped and played for whatever it is worth.

20 mins of my life I can never get backā€¦I have one of these given to me many moons ago - maybe will try it now that I have a better setup than I did when I got itā€¦I wonder if anyone tried the Green Pen on the Densen diskā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I know its bad form to pan something without trying it, but I struggle to understand how a signal can demagnetise something that is claimed to have been magnetised by a signal.

3 Likes

I agreeā€¦the engineer in me wonā€™t believe it but the nerd in me wants to try anyway :rofl:

2 Likes

The clue is in the product name, it works by Magic. So magic in fact that you donā€™t even need to play the CD on your system, just lay the disc on top of your DAC. A second disc should ideally be purchased to lay on top of your ROCK or Nucleus to treat both ā€˜polesā€™ of your system end to end.

7 Likes

I resisted from trashing this when I first replied. Now look what youā€™ve all done.

Maybe the noughts and ones are lined up in a certain way? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Me too, but Iā€™m an engineer as well and there is only so much of this I can take. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Youā€™ve all been so good up until now, but I am afraid you have all let yourselves down! Shame on you! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Maybe if you run it often enough it will demagnetise your speakers or your hard drives.

I think there may be something here. I find that after playing Boney M for 5 minutes everything sounds so much better.

4 Likes

Not only that, there is no reason to believe a static magnetic field could affect anything in your digital to analog chain. A tiny transverse voltage due to the Hall effect in some cases, maybe, but thereā€™s no reason to suspect such Hall voltage would have any audible effect. You might try a simple blind test where someone puts a strong magnet next to your DAC and doesnā€™t tell you whenā€“then consider any effect you thought you might hear would be diminished by thousands or millions when the magnet field is merely some residual allegedly left by a signalā€¦

No itā€™s not bad form. My attitude is that when someone claims audible improvements from something for which our current day understanding of science has no explanation the burden of proof rests entirely on him. Set it up and Iā€™ll give it a listen. I have no time for anything else. Same as if someone wants to sell me a perpetual motion machine. Or ā€œbroken inā€ interconnect cables.

2 Likes

I was tempted to comment on this when it first popped up, but restrained myself. But as the seal has been broken. WTF is this nonsense, its one of the most ridiculous things I have heard about for this silly hobby in sometime.

1 Like

Built On Loony Lucre Owning Capitalist Knackered Stereotypes

2 Likes