Denon AVRs now showing as "Roon Ready" but "uncertified"

It’s not just HEOS either you will be lucky to find any AVR that streams multichannel. lots use similar boards, some design their own, some are off the shelf components by StreamUnlimited or Mconnect. Even Bluos also only supports stereo. Music is inherently stereo with multichannel very niche and all the receivers will support it by other means.

I am also waiting for the firmware update, I am curious how my denon x3800h sounds natively :slight_smile:

I noticed that my Marantz no longer shows up as a room ready but I certified device and now shows as a squeezbox device ready to be enabled. Is this the same as Roon ready??

Are you running the “RHEOS” extension? This identifies Marantz/Denon HEOS enabled devices as squeezeplayers…

I can confirm that none of my players are showing as ROON Ready but uncertified anymore. Perhaps there is further progress.

1 Like

I enabled it and it doesn’t work. I am using RHEOS which works. Thought this was a Marantz thing but maybe it’s a RHEOS thing

Yes - that’s RHEOS working as designed.

Let me know if any issues and enjoy - you may want to update to the latest version 0.9.5-1 which adds RHEOS into the device name shown in the settings you are seeing to make it clearer.

The official Roon Ready Marantz devices that appeared and now have disappeared could never be enabled.

My denon x3800h disappeared from the list.
Yours, too?

They all did with the latest HEOS update.