Denon AVRs now showing as "Roon Ready" but "uncertified"

I know a lot of speculation is ongoing about Denon / Marantz “Roon Ready”-ness :wink:

Any chance the Early Access folks will be getting a build soon to test these in advance of general certification?

I will be over the moon the day these devices become available for RAAT streaming!

2 Likes

As far as I have read, the Roon „readiness“ is controlled by Roon servers, so if this is correct then it wouldn’t require a Roon update, just flipping a switch on the server once Roon is satisfied with the certification

I was wondering if they might want to test this readiness within the Early Access community first - not sure if that would require an updated build or if the “switch” on their side is segregated between production and early access, etc.

I’d read in another forum somewhere there was actually a beta build available NOW for this - just trying to find out if that’s actually so and if we could be included :wink:

2 Likes

Roon ready doesn’t work that way for any product. Testing and certification is done by Roon labs and them only it doesn’t go to beta or alpha or anything it’s solely between vendor and Roon as it’s firmware on the device.

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

A related question is whether any denon devices are in the pipeline for roon ready testing… Any info on this?

Roon dont comment on the certiication process at all its all NDA between them and vendor. Only D/M can announce its actually happening or not, as for time frames this is never ever given.

Bummer. Thanks @CrystalGipsy!

Yep. I just noticed this too.

2 Likes

It’d be interesting to see the signal path for those two devices :wink:

Just tried to enabled mine and I get this:

No firmware update for the denon yet.

Patience…

2 Likes

Both of these receivers have the “air-play” feature already with Roon already. I’m curious how these receivers would work as an endpoint?

Being Roon Ready opens up the possiblilty of two-way communication between the endpoint and the Roon Server. Also the possibility of album art display. See the article on Roon Ready for the details.

However, we’ll just have to wait and see what actually arrives if and when certification is completed.

2 Likes

Given AirPlay is limited to stereo and 48/24, I’d hope a RoonReady certification would allow for full resolution, multichannel playback.

Multi-channel is not guaranteed by Roon Ready. Depends on the device manufacturer

… which is why I said, "I’d hope … " :wink:

Just cautioning against too much :wink: There don’t seem to be many who implement it.

1 Like

Won’t happen Heos cards are only two channel. Massimo already said this in a recent video showing of the new app and Dirac Bass control. Would need a totally different Heos board which would not happen in the current products lifetime if ever. Multichannel music is very niche.

Interesting. Was not aware RAAT would run thru the HEOS board - the receivers already support multichannel music via network connection, so I assumed there was another route.

DTS encoded files may work due to it disguises itself as stereo but other formats only via hdmi, optical, coax, USB. If you have a HEOS model all streaming on the devices goes through same board regardless of if you use HEOS app, UPnP, Airplay or Spotify connect. The use the same boards across the ranges in all their kit, older ones has hs1 new ones hs2.

Very interesting - appreciate your explaining it :slight_smile: