Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

Devialet (Maxime Dumont) had a SAM session in a shop in my home town. I made an appointment and brought one speaker there for the measurement.
For SAM it’s either a local visit like this or shipping a speaker to Paris. I know Maxime likes to travel so it is probably a good idea to check with Devialet support if there are plans for SAM Lab events near you.

I’ve always liked them for openness and musicality, but had some trouble accepting it’s uneven ( mid range centric) amplitude response. Audiolense took care of that. My modifications and SAM changed the rest. Actually I did the main mods over 10 years ago, but equalizing the bass region only helped for frequency balance. It was SAM that brought the magic.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that from most reports, the bass extension doesn’t seem to be as profound with floor standers as it is with stand mounts, so don’t get too hung up on a SAM-ed speaker. Just buy what sounds best to your ears. If they’re SAM-ed, that’s icing on the cake.

Hi, just updated my IPad Pro to 14.0. It Sems the remote app for my Expert Pro 220 doesn’t work anymore. Anyone else facing this problem?

Yes, basically everyone with ios14! Devialets recommendation is, don’t update, which is not especially useful. Its really long overdue that Devialet give some attention to updating their software.

Thanks! Will also send a ticket to Devialet. Just incase someone will wake up there.

1 Like

Yes we should keep them pinging about this issue as well as about the promised updates of the firmware als well as remote app.

So far so good. Drivers are corrected in their deflection by analysing the input signal. not a very new concept. Some speaker producers already have a similar scheme (Silbersand.de as example). An amplifier producer is limited to the speakers available for it in the market and the people who are willing to come to their offered service stations…

So its an intelligent speaker protection system, nice, it can not help in means of room boundaries as alredy explained :slight_smile:

When applying room correction - do you run SAM at 100% ?

Sorry, very late response.

I have Devialet Expert Pro 220 with Sopra N2 using SAM and the combination is perfect for every type of music. Please test them out when the world permits. I would be surprised if you don’t fall in love too.

1 Like

I guess this could be directed to me… yes I used SAM at 100% for RC measurements. Actually in my specific case I used 94% as 100% would trigger the speaker protection in SAM (driver excursion) for the playback level I needed on the measurement sweep to have good dynamic range and s/n. If I used a lower playback level I could use 100%, but at the same time I’d loose some s/n.
For music playback I would set SAM to 100%

1 Like

I did call a local dealer about 6 mos ago, but everything was shut down and he wouldn’t work with me, so I’ll have to give them a call. Tks for the response.

1 Like