Devialet stutters and then stops

Hi @Jonathan_Waller and @Gustavo_Gabaldon ---- Once again, thank you for the continued feedback and more importantly your patience, while we have been looking into this issue.

Moving forward, as per the request of our tech team, I’d like to collect some logs for analysis. May kindly ask you to please perform the following:

• Very Import - Please reproduce the issue and note the time when the observation is made.

• Once the issue has been replicated and the time noted …. using the instructions found here, please upload us a set of logs from the device hosting your Roon core.

-Eric

Hello Eric, Sent logs on a private message. Thanks.

Hi @Gustavo_Gabaldon ----- Thanks for the follow up! Confirming that I have seen your PMs and that the logs have been received.

-Eric

Hi @Jonathan_Waller — Confirming that i have received your logs and timestamps as well, many thanks!

-Eric

Hi Johnathan,

Just a long shot. Do you have Devialet Air software running on your PC? If so, get rid of it! Use Crap Cleaner or similar to get rid of every last trace of it and see how you get on from there. Since a Roon have done such a good job implementing Devialet Air, the Air software is no longer needed and can interfere with communications.

Secondly, this being my first post, I’d like to say hi to everyone!
I think Roon is such a great piece of software that I’ve bought a lifetime subscription, so I’m in for the long haul! I see a few names I know from the Devialet Chat forum, so hi to you all. Hopefully, with some slight knowledge, I might be able to help anyone with Roon/Devialet problems.

Alex.

Hi Alex

Thanks for the advice but I’ve tried with Devaliet Air installed and disabled, and with it uninstalled altogether. Makes no difference to the problem. Right now I need Devaliet Air because that’s the only way I can use Roon (Roon Air seems to be the problem).

Jonathan

All, please be advised, that I would like to echo what @Mike has already stated here.

Devialet is aware of the mentioned behavior(s), as our techs have discussed this issue with them. We are hoping that our feedback will ultimately lead towards resolving the problem.

While I can not comment on an exact time frame as to when this will be fixed, I would recommend, monitoring the behavior of your Devialet devices, and checking in for further updates not only here but with Devialet as well.

The team greatly appreciates your understanding and continued patience!
-Eric

Sadly, where Devialet is concerned, them knowing there’s an issue doesn’t mean much in the way if timely fixes - and certainly where AIR’s concerned. Hopefully they’ll prove the more sceptical among us (like me) wrong, but I wouldn’t count on it.