Devialet support coming ... hints in Munich

@danny, are you able to say anything about using ROCK/Nucleus with AIR and Devialet. That is of great interest to me?

Hi @danny

I hope you will be in Paris to talk to Devialet about Roon integration :grin:

2 Likes

@Marcor +1 to that

I have an apartment in Paris… my wife is from here. I am usually in NYC and my office and gear are all there, but it’s a good pitstop to get some rest before heading back to work. This week has been very demanding and I’m not as young as I once was!

As for Devialet, we often talk to them. We are all friends :slight_smile:

https://www.audiostream.com/images/52017roon4.jpg

@danny.I suppose that as the Munich poster makes specific reference to Devialet AIR, it has raised my hopes that AIR can somehow be catered for in ROCK, in LINUX, rather than Windows?

1 Like

We messed up with that Devialet thing. I’ll say more soon.

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear how this plays out. On the Nucleus flier, it sure looks like Devialet is listed as a Roon Partner…

Where’s that flier?

Check the video from here, at 00:52 :wink: Devialet Expert is also shown in the first picture too.

1 Like

Danny mentioned something about that needing to be corrected - I’d speculate it maybe relates to the upcoming Devialet streaming board rather than existing product, but I’m sure we’ll find out when Danny gets caught up.

1 Like

Interesting. But the Devialet Expert has a USB input and the Nucleus can be a USB endpoint so that’s probably all it is.

Anyway as you say best to wait for news.

It specifically mentions Devialet AIR in the flier so hopefully it’s more than USB.

1 Like

Ok yep, that’s definitely interesting.

The part that I find most exciting is that Devialet is listed as a Roon Partner (in that video). The truth is, you can already stream Roon to a Devialet Expert via Devialet AIR or USB Roon end point like the Sonore uRendu, but that has never made Devialet a Roon Partner. I suspect Devialet is just not yet ready to announce it, hence @danny s earlier “we messed up…” comment. Hopefully, it was just leaked a bit early.

It was an early leak… I’m not going to talk more about it, but just wait about 2 weeks until new release goes through apple store approval… you all should be happy. Now, stop talking about it so I dont get into more trouble!

10 Likes

@danny - I now have 233 build installed (Win10) but don’t see anything with regard to Devialet AIR. Have not yet seen Roon on IOS updated yet. Am I just premature or is there something under the covers with 233 that impacts Devialet AIR? It is working just fine (as it was in the prior build).

still waiting…

Apple App Store is showing a new version now released 8 June …

Got it - build 233 - but still not seeing any relationship to Devialet AIR functionality. I’m guessing if @danny could have said what we’re waiting on, he would have.

Pretty sure he did earlier[quote=“danny, post:15, topic:26148”]
just wait about 2 weeks until new release goes through apple store approval…
[/quote]