DFF File Problem

If you convert files from diff to dsf your are no longer keeping the file native after it’s been ripped from
Your sacd disks I have hundreds of them I did.
I have done in the past ripped to diff this is fine but some programs like roon gives you a hard time.
Dbpower amp allows tagging.
In most all cases just edit one track in the folder of the album this gives the rest of the album. It will be grey
And show the name you gave it. For me it then allows me to import the rest of the album diff
As for album art this you can add.
I own over 24TB of music this is a major pain lol.
But roon rocks period so let’s hope room keeps making things better.
Next up ISO please man it’s best

Yes, ISO support would be fantastic.

it depends what software you use for conversion.
tascam hi-res editor convert dff to dsf natively.

and Signalyst
https://www.signalyst.com/professional.html

ISO is not playback format
ISO should be extracted to DFF or DSF tracks (preferably DSF because it support tags)
it’s advisable to use extraction tool which use latest version of sacd_extract.exe ver. 0.3.8
like sonore ISO2DSD

And since dsf can contain metadata including cover art you can then also use the file with portable players and have all the data.

Slavisa my reason for direct iso playback is simple
Digital audio is all math so each program used effects the playback sound. I know coz I can hear it. I cannot nor anyone else say what’s original this point is understood. Now iso direct playback has a few desires
It allows for simple one file for each album inntac from Rip no additional math process is done keeping it as close to the sacd.
It also allows for all of the sacd info inbeded in the iso as a sacd has.
Lastly as each playback soft ware we use effects the sound having iso playback keeps our work original so each new update or new used player software adds its sound but cannot change the file.
As for file format change all convert files it’s math as such all effect the sound. I am in no way looking for perfection I am just asking for a clean way to use my music is all.
Do you hear a diffidence from wave to flac ? There is but most don’t know flac can be a lossless not a lossy
If you turn off compression. Most don’t know this so keep claiming wav sounds better but we all agree it has issues. Lastly wav when tagged can add sounds we can hear and degrades the sound. I not only read of it but hear it. Now you can blame the dac or server or process used. But the point is it all matters
Now do you know why the newer iso extraction software sounds better ? It’s coz the math is more precise less rounded so again my iso playback should become apparent now to you and all.
And plesee don’t take my post to you as hey I know it’s not we all learn as I do from you and thank you for your post as well. Tonight I’ll try hq player converter
By the way I use a CUST built 3 pc setup.
A Cust synology San
A player pc running room sever
A dac pc only running hq player and it’s all network isolated both by network address and multiple emo sysyetems network isolator EN30 I highly Recomend anyone to use them.

Just one comment here. Flac is a lossless format be it compressed or not. The only difference you as an end user will see with an uncompressed flac file is the file size, there is no audible difference between the files. As for having iso or separate dsd files. If you want to burn a disk again an iso can make this easier, soundwise and datawise (minus header information) the data is the same as well.

I did all extractions needed for my purpose.
Lots of… I use Xrecode 3 software for format translations.
Still ISO support in Roon would be welcome by many SACD lovers here.