Difficulty accessing Roon server through personal router connected to ISP router (ref#6UI7KU)

Full form submission

Network Setup

I use my ISP's router alongside a personal router.

ARC Status

ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

I plugged in my personal router to one of the port in the ISP provided router. My network runs in the 10.0.x.x range and that includes my Roon server. I am guessing the main issue is that the traffic don't know how to get from my ISP router to my personal router.

Some equpment questions:
Make / Model of ISP Router
Make / Model of Personal Router
Make / Model / OS of Roon Server machine
Make / Model / OS of Roon Remote device

Is there any reason why you can’t run the ISP router in “modem mode”, then you would only have one active router on your network and a lot easier to manage.

You said that that Roon Server Machine is on 10.0.x.x range, is that hardwired to your personal router?

How is the Roon Remote device connected to your network?
Can you check / confirm it on the same subnet.

If the the networking checks out, it may be firewall configuration issue on the Roon Server machine.
Can you give details on that.

You probably have to set up port forwarding

There’s not a lot of info to go on, but per the above responses you almost ceetainly have no port forwarding on the ISP router, and you probably also have double NAT. Depending on your setup you might be able to remove the ISP router entirely and/or set it to bridge mode with your personal router taking over the connection.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.