DigiOne Signature + Mac Mini setup: I'm having some issues

Plastic fantastic but as long as you don’t stand on it, job done?

Measure the wire lengths and add 10-15% but I’d buy close to made to measure, keeps things tidy.

I just ordered the Netgear 5 port you first recommended. It’ll be tucked back so no one is going to see it (and I prefer metal). A couple of Bluejean 3 foot 6a Ethernet cables too. I have a two foot one, but I needs a little more lead so I’m sending it back. Amazon has them at a warehouse near me, so they’ll show today.

1 Like

Still enjoying this novelty, it’s like magic.

1 Like

I guess I’m still trying to figure out what information is exchanged wirelessly when just the switch, the Mac mini, and the DigiOne are connected via Ethernet (with nothing between the switch and the router, and the wireless communicating between the router/modem and the DigiOne).

That’s not going to work, you need to connect the switch and the router as well.

is the solution in that case, though this may become saturated if streaming and downloading is simultaneous. Best if the router and switch are wired as well. Ethernet runs can be long so yo can be creative when routing the cable. Skirting boards are good.

Your router manages the network, assigns machines IDs (addresses) and similar via DHCP.

Got it all hooked up and it works flawlessly. The cable from the modem to the switch isn’t even noticeable except for a 2 inch piece before it runs under my area rug. Thanks everyone! And I know it’s probably just me, but I swear it sounds a bit tighter and detailed.

2 Likes

Good work. Nice to hear it’s all in order. Enjoy :slight_smile: