Digital Room Correction (DRC) is an essential feature nowadays

Totally agree. The only “built-in” consumer product room correction I’ve tried was included in a Meridian surround processor, which left me underwhelmed. Maybe what Thierry is offering at HAF for Roon’s convolution engine qualifies as “professional” level.

1 Like

Hi @Brad_Burnside -

I don’t know what the diff is between consumer & “pro” DSP is these days either. I suspect there’s a LOT less difference than there used to be (in both price and performance).

2 Likes

This is well under development now, for x86 hardware but should also run on new Apple silicon.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update!
What is your take on audio crosstalk cancellation ?

Hi @Markus_Hubner I don’t have any experience with it but would love to try it out one day.

@Brad_Burnside The hardware that “built-in” room correction systems use is usually extremely limited in computing power compared to simply using a PC platform for filter design and applying the filter to the audio signal.

Mitch is great and easy to work with. Even if you know how to do DRC, he can tweak your results and take them to the next level.

1 Like

Very good news for MacOS users! @Focus_Fidelity has released their free Impala tool for MacOS as well as FocusFidelity Designer. Give it a try, it’s very easy to use also with Roon (convolution filters)

2 Likes