Dim panel lights on NUC

I’m running Roon ROCK on an Intel NUC that sits on a shelf in a hallway. I’d like to be able to dim or extinguish the display on the front panel of the NUC, which runs headless. I suspect this may be a setting in the machine’s BIOS, but can’t access it through ROCK. Is this possible, short of putting translucent film over the LEDs?

Control for that is in the BIOS yes. Other than that, a blob of blu-tak is my usual cure for such things .

1 Like

Is not accessed through any OS, but, logged into prior to booting to the OS, usually the F2 key. From Intel’s site…

The BIOS Setup program can be used to view and change the BIOS settings for the computer. You can access the BIOS Setup program by pressing F2 just as the system powers on before the operating system boots.

This means, you need to take the NUC off of the shelf, attach a keyboard and monitor and get into the BIOS to make the changes.

Not sure if the NUCs Bios settings allow this, my Dell doesn’t.

Try this :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ha! Excellent idea. And your post reminded me that I already had this stuff around to tame other over-bright LEDs. Worked great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.