Disc title in multi-disc sets

Handling of box sets is a major issue for me as well. Probably my number one wish list item. I think one reason why this doesn’t seem to get a lot of traction is people post this request all over the place. I have seen many, many requests throughout the community for this functionality. For me it’s probably the biggest weakness in Roon. And that’s not meant as a criticism of Roon. I think Roon is the best thing to happen to digital music in years. But this functionality is really needed.

1 Like

Yes, there are many threads and pages of text on this, with users generally requesting this same thing. I think disc labelling is part of the bigger picture of box set management. Please Roon team, get this one ticked off the list!

1 Like

I have seen numerous articles that touch on this topic but cannot seem to solve and have reached my breaking point. I have even tried ChatGPT to no avail.

I have Grateful Dead box sets in this case the Spring 1990 (The Other One). The box set contains 8 individual concerts. I have organized the files in folders with a separate folder for each concert and all 8 folders in a single folder called Spring 1990 (The Other One).

Using Tag Editor, I have set the tagging so that each concert is a single disc (If you try to identify on Roon, it insists on breaking it up into 23 discs.). So Disc 1 is the Landover, MD concert, Disc 2 is the Hartford, CT concert etc. There are 8 discs.

What I would like to do seems simple. Instead of going to the disc pulldown and seeing Disc 1, Disc 2,.
I would like to see the location and date of the concert. However, I cannot figure out how to change Disc 1 to the custom name. If this is impossible, I would settle for a label at the top which showed the location and date of the individual concert, but would really like to change the Disc 1, disc 2.

My metadata in Tag Editor is as follows:

Artwork
Track Title
Artist: Grateful Dead
Album Artist: Grateful Dead
Album: Spring1990 (The Other One) for all concerts
Track#. Each concert is separate so the first concert would be Disc# 1. Track# 1-20. The next concert would be Disc#2 Track#1-21, etc.

I have also added a Work (Grouping) which is different for each concert - so Disc 1 would be Landover, MD, Disc 2 is Hartford, CT, etc.

I also added Disc Subtitle. with same location date information as work (grouping). I figured one might work.

Unfortunately nothing seems to change.
Is there any way to do this.

Thanks.

That’s because you can’t. Vote on the existing feature requests, this one seems to have the most votes already: