Discrepancies between Roon and MediaMonkey DB statistics

Yup - it’s the Album browser where the count changes according to the setting; that wasn’t clear enough in my previous post…

Here’s the latest. I decided to narrow my focus to box sets and then picked the artist i have the most of the Grateful Dead. Right off the bat I found that in Roon the Complete Filmore West set didn’t have all the tracks. Disc 1 shows only track 1 but should have 3 tracks. I went to MM which shows all 3 tracks however they were in different directories. This must have happened when I ripped the set. So despite having the same Album name in the tag Roon doesn’t group them as an album. Still digging…

L:\Music\Sonny Williamson - Fillmore West 1969 - the Complete Recordings\01 - Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl .flac
L:\Music\Jerry Garcia-Robert Hunter - Fillmore West 1969 - the Complete Recordings\02 - Doin’ That Rag .flac
L:\Music\Jerry Garcia-Bill Kreutzmann-Bob Weir - Fillmore West 1969 - the Complete Recordings\03 - That’s It for the Other One-Cryptical Envelopement-The Other One-Cryptical Envelopement .flac

@Geoff_Coupe,
The 3 tracks listed have the same album name but Roon only listed the first track? All 3 are in different directories(my ripping error) but they’re tagged with identical Album names. Does Roon care about directory names?

It depends - AFAIK Roon uses a variety of techniques, including metadata, to identify albums.

For Box sets, you really should group the tracks of each CD in their own folder named CDnn where nn is the disc number, with these folders in a folder that is given the name of the box set.

See:

Is there any way to force it to just use the metadata from my personal library?

Hah - just replied to someone else about this…

and I’m a pig headed Irishman so this is a match made in heaven!

@John_O_Connor - how are things going? Are there still discrepancies, or have things got to a point where we can close this Support request? Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.