Display Flickering with Roon + Adaptive Sync

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated), Build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Several USB Devices

Description Of Issue

I have 2 monitors. One is a 165hz monitor with adaptive sync enabled for programs in full screen or windowed mode in the NVIDIA panel. The other is 144hz panel with no adaptive sync enabled. When on the first monitor with adaptive sync on, Roon flickers the whole screen. This issue does not exist on the monitor with adaptive sync disabled. While the flickering is occurring, the monitor’s adaptive refresh rate is constantly changing. Disabling adaptive sync removes the flicker. I use adaptive sync for a number of things, so disabling it is not an option.

Is your video driver up to date as per the manufacturer rather than the Windows imposed one .

Lately Windows updates have been causing issues

Worth a try , then Reboot everything

Yeah I DDU fresh installed the GPU drivers after the last NVIDIA release directly from them.

I am glad I am not the only one to run into this.

Hey @Philip_Dixon,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with your monitor flickering when using Adaptive Sync. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know. We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Display Flickering - Adaptive Sync