Display requirements for Roon 1.8 Remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC10i5; Linux Server 20.04; Roon 1.8 build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

1Gbps wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HiFiBerryOS @ RPi4 + HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro; iPhone 12 Pro

Description Of Issue

Hi,

As I mentioned in several topics I am unhappy with new (1.8) Roon Remote layout. I cannot see albums covers in playlists what makes it hard to navigate throught them. I am not going to get used to it. I am using Roon Remote on my iPhone 12 Pro and it looks poor.

I have tried my Mom’s tablet and it looks ok but it is 11" which is too big for me. What device do I need to see proper view with all details, including album covers miniatures like it used to be in 1.7? What is minimum screen size and resolution for both Android and Apple devices to display playlist view properly?

Thanks for advice.

Hello @Adam_Arczynski ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can you please share a few screenshots of the issue that you are seeing on your iPhone? Thanks!

Hi @noris

I upload screenshot from my iPhone 12 Pro and from unknown iPad that I found in polish audio forum. My view is missing album covers miniatures which are life-saving when scrolling through long playlists. I had no issues with displaying them in Roon 1.7. I believe it is screen size dependent.

Hi @Adam_Arczynski

Right now this is expected behavior for playlists on mobile devices. There aren’t any plans to change this at the moment, but it might be good to open a #roon:feature-requests for this — Our team keeps a close eye on this category and it’s good to get feedback from others who want the same changes. Thanks for the feedback, Adam!

Tablet is a mobile device as well and apparently it works on some. I still have no idea what I should get to achieve my goal. Is iPad mini sufficient?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.