DLNA/UPnP support would be really nice [Not on the roadmap]

No. I was thinking of much simpler use cases. If JRiver ASIO worked as a roon endpoint it gives “walled garden” access to DLNA devices not supported by roon.

roon → RAAT → ASIO → JRiver → DLNA

This may be enough for many. It is for the more technically minded as all the configuration of your DLNA devices has to be via JRiver not roon. But if you are maintaining a DLNA network you probably don’t mind that.

Just for context. JRiver used to be the audiophile player of choice but it had/has a lot of usability issues. A terrible interface and a reputation for complexity. There is a group, probably a small group, that came to roon from JRiver precisely because of the superior UX/Library Management. In the early days before roon developed DSP/RAAT/Convolution etc. integration with a JRiver that had all these features seems to have been more common. It’s similar to using HQPlayer for DSP rather than roon. I don’t know how common it is to do that with JRiver anymore. For some of us with DLNA use cases this might be a useful solution. I hope I can get it working. Here is an old link: