Do any reviewers test whether streamers are bit-perfect?

Our products do. :smile:

1 Like

The TOSlink standard is of course 96kHz but many DACs I’ve tried support DoP64.

The problem is many TOSLink sources claim to support up to PCM192kHz but sometimes fail to deliver beyond 96kHz. And then you need the optical cable to also comply.

I would never question Lumin to fail to deliver what it says on the box :wink:

1 Like

No worries. I should have been clearer when I asked the question.

Be aware, you’re notebook is quickly running out of pages :joy:

1 Like

Hilarious :grin:

So. Obviously DSP, Volume control, loudness correction all effect bit perfect reproduction. The question is can roon be setup to function like a lightweight player to not alter the bits AT ALL In ANY WAY.

I can clearly hear a difference between running roon and using a Melco and a CH C1 dual mono DAC with the CH app. The roon setup is dramatically flat and lifeless.

Its like some setting is wrong and things are not bit perfect.

So this whole thread did not say conclusivly that roon can render all formats bit for bit VS the file. There is some reference to this ? BTW a DSD might get passed thru VS a 44.1 PCM file which might get upsampled and altered.

Do you mean that in one case you’re using the Melco to source the bitstream, and in the other case you’re using Roon? And both cases into the C1? Given the prices you’re dealing with (I’m assuming you’re also using the A1 amps and CH Precision interconnects), there might be relatively few people on the forum who can offer an experienced opinion.

If you feel that Roon is altering the bits in some unwelcome way, you might raise this in the “Support” category.

What does your “Signal Path” say?

I moved the discussion to a seperate thread.