Do router and ethernet cables affect sound quality?

What about a Roon ‘Cable’ library?
Cables can be ‘streamed’ by the DHL’s, PostNl’s and others just by favouring them.
Dirk

The other wonderful thing is that burn in always makes things better. Maybe it’s actually burning out from day one…and it’s burn out that’s actually beneficial.

This is maybe the advantage of optical connections. Every bit is enlightened, so there is no burn out.

If you want to test differences without prejudice and a priori.
Test different gauges: AWG26 vs AWG30 … or AWG32 with only your ears.
Advice for 2 dollars: UDP AWG 32 (or 30) between the last switch and the streamer.

That was amazing.

What about this.
https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/iso-cat6/

Believe it or not, the laws of physics are brand-independent.

6 Likes

“Unlike the sound tuning process of simple replacing aged components such as electrolytic capacitors, the sound changes made by using SOtM’s unique tuning does not allow any comparison by any standards with other conventional sound improvement procedures.”

Can’t be compared to other procedures, by any standards … this sounds like a must have product to me. I’ll order 10 :wink:

1 Like

Oh for crying out loud! SOTM must be an acronym for shake out the money.

There’s not an iota of information in that blurb. And they have different colours for different “types” of sound.

Are there really people who believe this?

2 Likes

Yes. There is a reason why they are still in business (10 char limit)

If you look at all the crazy things humans can believe, Ethernet sound quality is pretty tame…

2 Likes

I have an invisible pink unicorn for sale if you are interested…

@nugget Here is your chance! BUY IT! It would look good holding your Stellias!
I want me a Invisible Pink Unicorn to hold my headphones! I know I cant afford it “yet”…
Not until I get my Stellias :sunglasses:
one day… one day…

I bought one of those last year but can’t seem to find it now, so yes please :wink:

SOtM…great pieces of kit

2 Likes

Bonn mentioned earlier in this thread, though the thread is about cables it is relevant:

1 Like

Ha, ha, Amir strikes again. The most relevant quote -

What is going on? Simple: you frame of mind makes a huge difference in what you perceive. When performing comparisons, your brain gets into instrumentation mode and analyzes music differently than when you lean back and just enjoy music. In doing so, it hears more detail, air, etc. It does so even when nothing is changed in the waveform. In other words, the Ethernet switch is not changing sound. It is you that is changing.

great minds - same channels :smirk: -

2 Likes

Oh well, here’s Paul @Paul_McGowan from PS Audio’s take on Ethernet switches:

Even though he justifies on promoting very expensive power-cords and power conditioners (?) he tends to speak sense, and with authority.

I just love his video’s anyway. IMO every Managing Director should be doing what he does! :smiley:
‘Social engagement’ these days is essential. I don’t own any PS Audio gear myself. Being from the UK, I own mainly Linn gear. But I’m dismayed about how Linn has effectively severed it’s conduit to customers. ‘Long-live’ PS Audio, for taking the time to listen and respond to its customers!

3 Likes

On the other hand, here’s John @John_Darko talking about ‘experience’ in evaluating things/changes, before you judge:

IMO he talks A LOT of sense here.

3 Likes

World’s going to ■■■■ and this thread keeps going for no apparent reason. It has the same arguments and counter arguments as day one , no one side will stand down or except the others findings or ancedotes. Please just call it a day it’s getting rather tedious.

2 Likes