Do router and ethernet cables affect sound quality?

I just want to see a difference in a waveform :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Mods, please close this thread.

1 Like

I don’t think we should look to close it yet Jim?
There’s still some useful debate on this thread! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Are these ethernet cables being suspended in the air of are the trailing on the dirty noisy ground?

For those who find this thread tedious the tool already exists to fulfill your desires. Click the “tracking” button on the bottom of this page and select:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 3.16.58 PM

Then you can pretend that the thread is closed and never be bothered again by content you find objectionable.

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking same though I do not care for this thread much either if you do not want to be apart of it, just leave the thread.

Simple.

We all know that. That’s not the issue.

What’s the issue then?

Oh come on! This thread is a never ending source of fun and amusement in dark times.

5 Likes

I say keep it open. It’s entertaining and you never know, someone might post some evidence of ethernet cables making a difference and shock us all!

1 Like

Maybe now, in these dark times, that remind me to Lord of the Rings, somebody comes up with a brilliant idea in either direction, that did not pop up in the previous million posts.

Re this topic: Galileo times

Mark at Elite talking about the SOtM Snh-10g Switch
and offering 30 day trial.

No excuses not to try

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 5G and coronavirus

100% agree
far too many people here with their mindset in the 80s.

Nice he mentioned Mark Jenkins of Antipodes Audio. His CX/EX combo is a fantastic front end.

Anyway, the message is have a listen before cutting down people.

Thanks for posting that Martin.

1 Like

Actually the mindset of the 80s would be applying analog logic to the digital domain.

2 Likes

Watch the video and you’ll know what I’m referring to

1 Like

You’re joking right? What exactly are you referring too?

A video by a vendor who is trying to sell a product?

A video that is 7 minutes long. The majority of the time simply talking about inputs that (with the exception of the clock) are nothing more than one gets on a $30 switch. Oh yeah, and some nonsense about upgraded capacitors (in an Ethernet switch) and how pretty the case is, etc., etc

Thirty seconds of some vague descriptions of the sound improvement one can expect. The usual greater realism, lower noise floor, bigger sound stage. Descriptions that are in every snake oil advert. If one installed all the add-ons that trumpeted these improvements one would be struck dead by their cumulative effect.

At the end there is even a blurb about their super duper CAT7 cables, much better than those old CAT6 cables.

What incredible ■■!

When you post something like this YouTube video you undermine whatever other arguments you might wish to make.

BTW - As far as the clock option goes, even Paul McGowan confesses that the runs in home audio are too short to require a master clock. Although in this video he is speaking specifically about external clocks in relation to DACs, the same holds true even more so for switches.

7 Likes

I’m referring to the video Martin put up
so wind yourself in a bit there fella

But I’m specifically referring to the video that you, for some reason, posted.

Didn’t you mean that as some buttress for an argument to buy some snake oil Ethernet switch?