Do router and ethernet cables affect sound quality?

I number of people here on this thread…but hey, they know best because they base their “knowledge” on…rather than giving something a go.

I find it amusing if nothing else :grin:

“The CX is designed so that you can add your own storage disks, enabling you to self-install up to 4TB of HDD or up to 8TB of SSD storage. Use of SSDs improves dynamics, high frequency sweetness and speed, and is significantly more musically engaging.”

All that voodoo and you still need SSD’s, audiophile switches and audiophile Ethernet.

WALOS!

4 Likes

Removal of electronic noise is whats optimal for HiFi gear

There he is :grin:

Are you religious?..just asking

…and you’ve had to look up the CX as you have no idea what is… brilliant lol

Here’s a bit more reading for you as you seem to be interested :grin: https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/digital-reviews/network-player-reviews/antipodes-cx-ex-part1/

Nope, aware of their their stuff, have listened to a system using their server and funny enough it sounded no different to how the same system sounded before the server was introduced. Must be because the chap wasn’t using SSD and the right switch. Just thought it pertinent to highlight the ludicrous marketing because it’s a perfect extension of the audiophoolery indulged in this thread. Pretty in the looks dept though.

3 Likes

I thought I would summarize this thread for anyone who doesn’t want to take the time to read it.

Point: “Ethernet cables affect sound quality.”

Counter Point: “No, they don’t”

5 Likes

Nobody said that to you. I read all your posts and all the replies to them…

BTW, the KEF speakers you have are more than decent. However, they would sound much better if you moved them further away from the wall etc. …

2 Likes

Oh really…I suspect there was some unconscious bias coming into play there. It works both ways you know.

You’re the first person I’ve heard/read stating it’s no better than anything else out there…strange that

Lol pretty much

Thanks, Bill, that’s a really interesting interview. Explains a few things, too. Apparently Antipodes doesn’t use filtering, which might make the rest of this thread a bit more understandable. (I’m kind of new to all this jazz, so I hadn’t known about Antipodes beforehand.)

The reviewer says this:

This is where Antipodes makes the difference: by tuning the motherboards and using no standard filtering techniques but clever methods that shift noise to frequencies where they do no harm. The precise tuning is a little hard to describe so I will leave that for Mark.

The reviewer then quotes Mark Jenkins thusly:

“The motherboards are sourced from the world’s best supplier and they cost around 6 times what some of the competitors are using. We tune the motherboards to shift the frequency peaks of the noise generated by each component in order to eliminate noise nodes, so the mainboards start as an off-the-shelf board and then are customized for our use.”

Not sure that actually describes the precise tuning, but whatever.

1 Like

Your summary doesn’t do justice to this discussion. You seem to be ignoring quite a few posts…

1 Like

All is forgiven, CD! :wink:

At the beggining I was told it was crap (I hadn’t stated my system). If I needed ethernet and switches it’s crap…and I was deluded.

Re the legs…I have room correction so that takes care of that

Martin, you keep reminding people of how “nonsensical” this whole discussion is and you keep asking for “some common sense” etc. What do you hope to achieve with such remarks?

3 Likes

You’re welcome

1 Like

It’s called ‘A sense of humour’.
Have you got one?

1 Like

Agreed, but it was kinda fun so he got a “heart” from me anyway :slight_smile:

I have made my best to explain how some of these things works, but at the end of the day its all opinions and personal beliefs. The measurbators will never believe anything that Amir can’t show in a measurement (which is quite a lot btw).

1 Like

There is electronic noise everywhere, but there are of course thresholds. Most ordinary equipment does not pass big waves of RF noise. But as I said, if it does, throw it away.

Anecdotal stories, since that is the audiophile way:

It’s pretty easy to test, as I have done: Stream a silent signal trough your chain and put everything on max volume (at your own risk!). My speakers are dead silent. So any noise is stopped somewhere, and I know it’s somewhere before the DAC. So even if my Ethernet equipment is producing or bypassing noise, I can’t hear it.

I believe people that invest in audiophile networking gear already have top end streamers and DACs.

Read the story over at HeadFi about how Schiit hated USB, but started to love it once they implemented it right (maybe it is in a Darko YT-video).