Do You Have A Roon Fallback Plan - Options / Alternatives

Strike that off the plan. Thanks.

I just relaunched hqplayer on Mac, denyed connections out until quit with littlesnitch to signalyst.com and signalyst.eu

It did find my naa and allowed me to play local files. So I guess it does work. The iOS app doesn’t seem to work though.

So it’s kind of a fallback solution. It works better than Roon does without an internet connectivity.

You should take the tour of National Audio! :grin::vhs: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/this-missouri-company-still-makes-cassette-tapes-and-they-are-flying-off-factory-floor-180979417/

Are there any alternatives that detach file metadata like Roon does? Saving information to an internal database is essential for my setup because I can’t modify the files.

I’m not sure because it’s opposite of what I’d want. J River may have that but it doesn’t integrate any streaming service.

I have a Mac Mini (late 2014) I use as a backup server for my Nucleus and also to “keep tabs” on the Nucleus when away from home in case it needs a reboot or reconnect to Tidal or Qobuz. I just added a much faster 1TB SSD to the Mac Mini so it is much faster and more responsive.

The Mac Mini already has Roon and Apple Music installed and I just installed Audirvana 3.5. It’s playing to my main system over UPnP to a RPi4, Meridian Prime, Denon AVR-2805, and Pioneer HPM-60 speakers.

This could be another fallback if I lost internet. I would use my Verizon Hotspot data to stream from Tidal and/or Qobuz.

1 Like