Docker images for the Powermate and Meridian extensions

I’m in the process of migrating from Meridian Sooloos over to Roon, but wanted to retain direct control of my Meridian DSP3100 speakers from Roon so I have started to make use of the wonderful roon-extension-powermate and roon-extension-meridian from @danny.

After getting it all working I wanted to containerise my infrastructure to make it easier to setup and maintain, so for anyone interested I have now published docker images for these extensions on docker hub: scrosland/roon-extension-meridian and scrosland/roon-extension-powermate. At the moment these images are only built for the armhf architecture as I’m running this on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running DietPi.

The hardest part about getting it all working was working out the names of the relevant USB and TTY devices, but having done that using the docker images is simply:

docker pull scrosland/roon-extension-meridian
docker pull scrosland/roon-extension-powermate
docker run --detach --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 --name=meridian --network=host --restart=unless-stopped scrosland/roon-extension-meridian
docker run --detach --name=powermate --network=host --restart=unless-stopped --device=/dev/bus/usb/001/004 scrosland/roon-extension-powermate

where /dev/ttyUSB0 is my USB to RS233 adapter, and /dev/bus/usb/001/004 is my PowerMate. For the latter, the easiest way to find it is:

$ lsusb -d 077d:0410
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 077d:0410 Griffin Technology PowerMate
$ 

the Bus and Device values there correspond to the last two parts of the /dev/bus/usb pathname.

The link to the docker file is broken

Oops, I’ve fixed the links from the description on docker hub over to GitHub.