Does Anyone else think that it is time that Roon Support has some accountability?

I first reported a problem over a month ago - basically that there are beeps between tracks when Roon is playing Qobuz - not own tracks or Tidal - and it is very annoying

I keep asking what is being done to resolve this but receive an occasional response - basically not giving a straight answer. All I want is an update

My thread keeps miraculously disappearing from public view

I have messaging @enno personally, but he is obviously too busy to talk to customers

This is an expensive piece of software

Would it not be reasonable to have some basic commitment about:

• How long support will take to respond to initial issues
  • Updating on more difficult issues
  • How long we should expect to wait for a response to anything

Even very cheaper applications give you this

Ken I play Qobuz tracks all the time and have never heard the condition that you are describing. Having done lots of troubleshooting in my life I can tell you that the one off problems are the most difficult to diagnose and find. Do you only have one end point? If you have more than one, is it happening in all places? I see no mention of your equipment chain. Is it possible to simplify your equipment to see if elimination of a component removes the problem?

Flagging @support for you.

Thanks John

I have two more end points - both using Raspberry Pi’s and no the problem is not replicated there

I understand the point entirely about it being difficult to solve - my issues are

• the lack of ongoing communication with Roon as to what they are doing
  • the fact that @enno doesn’t seem to feel he has any responsibility here to help solve it

All I want is some communication on the matter!

Thank you rrw

My point is that it has been reported to them over a month ago and

• No ongoing communication from @support
  • @ enno has ignored my messages - as if he has no accountability here

hopefully someone can help you. Good luck.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beeps between tracks with Qobuz but not with own files

I and many others have reported issues (one annoying one in particular) many months ago and nothing really has been done nor have we received updates. Complete and utter radio silence. Therefore, support for me is non existent.

Do the beeps happen all the time, random or any tracks in particular?

Thanks RBQ

All the time with Qobuz - never with own files or Tidal

@enno - isn’t it time there was some accountability here?

Oh I see. If it would have been on certain tracks, I would have happily tested them as well.

1 Like

Ken,

I would suggest you stop doing the “call out enno” thing. You are probably less likely to get service doing that. You made your point, and now focus on getting the help you need.

----Cheers. Robert

1 Like

Hey @Ken_Talbot, I agree – there are ways we can better manage expectations up-front. I’ll take your feedback to the team and run it up the flag pole.

For now, let’s focus on solutions to your problem. I’m going to split out the troubleshooting posts into your existing support thread as it seems @SukieInTheGraveyard and others have been kindly helping out. Hang tight!

1 Like