Does remote have to be on the same subnet as core?

So far the answer seems to be yes. I have two subnets and when I start up remote on the non-core subnet the remote doesn’t connect.

The discovery protocol only works on the same network.

Can you explain to us why you use multiple networks? I’m mostly just curious. I think we do need to add a solution here, I’m just not sure what it is.

I’d love to know what your network topology looks like, including network sizes (netmasks).

I have two routers (one wireless, one not) for coverage in my house. I actually only wanted to have one subnet but I’ve been struggling to figure out how to bridge the two routers. I finally figured out how to do it so it’s now a moot point as I can have all devices on the same subnet.

In my case my firewall splits the wireless and the wired networks on different subnets. It does this for security reason’s obviously. I quite like it as I live in a real built up area and like to limit the possibility of attacks.

Probably not the most common setup, but Roon is the only thing on it that won’t traverse the subnets. I don’t care if it doesn’t auto discover, but it would be nice to at least be able to manually enter in a Roon server from the remote.

1 Like

If you enter the IP manually on the scanning page, it’ll scan that IP across networks