Does Roon Arc Connect With Rental Cars?

Hello, I have Roon Arc. I’ve never been able to set it up outside of my home, nor on my iPhone 13 Mini. Can I use Roon Arc in a rental car? How do I set it up? Do I need to have the Roon or Arc app installed in the rental car? Or can I connect Arc to the car using Apple CarPlay? This is complicated for me. Please help. Thank you. I’m using a Sonicore as my core server at home.

rental car (or any car) is irrelevant/agnostic, really. The ARC app lives on your phone, and if the car has Apple Carplay, you can mimic your phone’s apps on that when connected.

So, it’s all about your phone, and whether it can connect to your roon server at home. Gotta solve that first.

2 Likes

Use Bluetooth to send music to the car from ARC.

When I try this it says Arc can not connect.

You are talking two different things.

1. Getting ARC to connect to your phone which has nothing to do with connecting to any cars

2. suggestions on how to connect your phone to a rental car.

My response was to #2, Use Bluetooth and has nothing to do with #1. If you are unable to connect with ARC you should create a support ticket for help in getting that working.

As the previous fellow user said,

1 Like

The purple ball spends endlessly. I don’t know how to configure my core so it works outside of my network?

gonna have to open that port on your router, if it’s not already…

Don’t post your email it will get trawled.
@moderators