Does the latest Roon updates do something to hide the MQA files?

Hi. Do I understand correctly that MQA is leaving Tidal?
Or does the latest Roon updates do something to hide the files?
Full MQA system sounds great, whether you agree with the philosophy of MQA or not.
Any help is appreciated. It’s a pity things don’t stay as they are, My system sound has taken a step back with this update.

Tidal announced quite a while back ( as much as 6 months back) that they were stopping MQA they are replacing their Hi Res offering with convention 24/96 or 24/192 FLAC. The Tidal app changed shortly afterwards but obviously it will take some time to replace all it’s MQA with std Hi Res albums.

The service has just been implemented in Roon , so MQA will no longer be available from Tidal. Roon are simply mirroring what Tidal allow them to stream.

You will note that Tidal is in the process of consolidating all it’s services into one subscription type as of Mid April.

In answer to you Title , no you cannot roll back , unless you keep installers for older versions. Even that will only work in a limited way depending on how the back end changes with an upgrade. Sooner or later the 2 ends will clash. So its recommended to keep up with updates.

Thanks for such a quick and concise answer. I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.