Done with Node 2i - nothing but problems

As of today I am done with Bluesound Node 2i. Constant static through Coax, won’t play 192khz files, and now Roon doesn’t even recognize the Node 2i.
I have read where the newer Node also has the same problems. What is going on with that company?

Throwing this piece of junk in the trash. Will never by another Bluesound product. Not too happy with Roon ARC either but can live with it.

I’ll pay postage if you don’t want it! :wink:

Let me see if any family want it. They might be able to live with it like you

1 Like

not just my ears then had really bad static over usb to dac so removed that and using coax still have the odd static click now and then
looking for alternative streamer any suggestions
and how do they get roon certified when the node has so many problems

Not all Nodes do. My Node has never made scratchy static sounds in its years of use.

For couple of years now using it, never had a problem with either static or Roon not recognizing it. First used wiyh NAD amp to power two speakers, now coupled with DAC/headphone AMP.

You are lucky

and now Roon doesn’t even recognize the Node 2i.

This is a known issue and Bluesound was aware of it, it was the result of a factory reset. Have you performed the latest firmware update that came out a week or two ago? It was supposed to fix the disappearance problem. I have two Node 2is and they work great.

Bluesound fixed the recognizing problem. But, they say the skipping and static of 192khz files are Roon problem. So far, no one has a fix for that. Roon blames network problem, of course. They play fine when not played thru Roon