Done with these "COMPLAIN-A-THON" forums

I can attest to that, as you have responded to many of my Bryston-related questions.

1 Like

You’ve started a thread complaining about complainers, lol. You’re just as bad as these complainers you’re complaining about. What is puzzling is that you actually take the time to read these threads that you complain about. [Moderated]

1 Like

I’d like to start a the thread complaining about people who complain about people who complain about people who complain. Honestly, nothing better to do on a lovely summer afternoon here in the UK? :laughing:

2 Likes

I certainly try and reply to posters having issues when I feel I can be constructively helpful–whether I am helpful or not is a different issue. :grin:

The forums can be a downer, I agree. So many users, so many configurations, and so many opinions.

To combat my own desire to drown in downer despair on this board (I am being hyperbolic), I need to be better at staying out of threads that don’t involve me or my configuration. It is the problem solver in me, I suppose, but it isn’t positive. I would MUCH rather read the new thread on “what Roon is to me” or similar positive threads. That bloke started the thread to combat what they saw as so many issue threads. Much more constructive than this one, I must say. Perhaps the OP of this thread can try that? I am just trying to be constructively helpful.

1 Like

Roon does support exclusively on this forum. So naturally there will be complaints. I sometimes question the advisability of airing all their problems on a public forum, but so far it seems to be working. Stuff gets brought up, discussed, an usually resolved. Could be worse.

1 Like

I could not agree more.

First time that we have a a really awesome music management system in place that is decoupling the management software from any hardware manufacturers or platforms and you can do nothing than whining and complaining as VinceC said. This is ridicolous, childish, unfair and not true. Infact Roon is doing an awesome job and I regard my self as a proud and more than satisfied user of Roon (and Nucleus).

1 Like

I disagree with this assertion. :thinking:

I have noted that if there are genuine complaints they largely come from a small number (in the overall scheme of things) of disgruntled users, some who proclaim they’ll not be renewing subscription. Thus, they really are no longer Roon/forum users.

The group of ‘regular’ people here, from all over the world are not complainers. That does not mean that robust discussions don’t occur from time to time - that’s to be expected.

Further, I think you’ll find three groups of people around here broadly speaking.

• Those who predominantly like to talk about the tech side of things

• Those that predominantly like to post and talk about music

• Those that frequent the forum to specifically ask for some type of support, be it from a user or Roon people specifically & those that similarly request a new feature. (I’ve grouped those people together).

(Perhaps I could have said four groups of users: those that like to talk about both tech and the music side of things).

Over and above that there’s the usual forum chat in various threads relating to gear (including sales), ‘off-topic’ chats, and so on. It’s all in good spirits!

Now, unless I’m missing something @M-Factor your profile tells me you just joined 4 hours ago, and made this post within your first hour? That’s some quick assumptions, to say the least. Notwithstanding, perhaps you’ll stay longer and find that your initial thoughts are not the norm around here.

Cheers & happy listening. :musical_note:

5 Likes

I’m watching the forum already for quite a while and I am not saying the forum in general is bad. There are a lot of interesting threads and discussions. However I also notices a lot of unfair criticism (actually as anywhere else) and that annoys me. But I guess there is no reasons to discuss that for so long. Let’s better focus on more interesting topics…

1 Like

Look at your own response … little drips of acid throughout. Have an issue? Ask for help but do not pen an essay how Roon is an existential threat to one’s faith in product descriptions.

I have good equipment (NAD M10 + SGC SonicTransporter i5). PERFECT! Problem free. Why is that, I wonder? I am not the exception; I am the rule. You have a problem then state the issue sans whine. You will be better received.

2 Likes

Yep drips of acid maybe but your response is exactly what I am talking about. “PERFECT! Problem free.” Well bully for you!

3 Likes

The problem with Roon is it tries to do too much for too many. If you take all the possible combinations of core devices, end-points, music storage locations, and networks (wired and wireless), on top of that, throw all the ranges of technical expertise and non-expertise of Roon users, it’s a wonder that Roon works at all.

1 Like

When I was at Microsoft my customer complained about the complexity of apps like Word, asking for them to be made simpler as they only use two percent of the features.
The product manager they were talking to said, perhaps you do but we have to keep it complex because everyone uses a different two percent.

5 Likes

In the words of the Charles Stuart Calverley " 'twas ever thus " :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really it’s one of the friendliest forums I know! Tons of humour, sarcasm, snobbery, laughs and some real knowledge communicated! I’ve made my high end journey because of the people on this forum. :grin::grin::grin:
H

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cannot start subscription

And some times irony?