Double Nat: Fritz Box 6660 Cable + Netgear R9000 as second Router, no ARC connection to Core

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Failure from ROON:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.17.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.17.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}
Netgear is set to exposed Host but I can not Connect.

Thanks for Help

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The uPNP way is not working due to your setup with two routers.

The best solution is to have only one router setup as a true router with NAT and DHCP and the other setup as an access point. In your case the FritzBox would best be the router. Then the FritzBox should find your Roon Core connected to your NetGear.

Hi @Andreas_Nickel,

I understand it’s been some time since your initial post, so please accept my apologies on behalf of the team, as well as my thanks for your deep well of patience.

Per @Joost_Hoogland’s advice, you’re likely going to have to configure this Fritz!Box in Bridge Mode, IP Passthrough, or equivalent.

For a brief summary of how to set a manual port forwarding rule on a Fritz!Box modem/router with a second router, I recommend skimming this thread: Port Forwarding Instructions for (Most) Fritz!Box Users - #2 by connor

Essentially, you need to try the following:

• Check if your modem (Fritz!Box) is in Bridge mode
  • Try to manually open the port in your downstream router’s (the Netgear’s) port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering

If these steps don’t work, please supply the following information to the support team, and we’ll work with you to pinpoint the issue or follow up with your internet service provider:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.