Dropouts on Linn Klimax at 192kHz

Finally! I had heard “real soon now” from sources I believe are very well informed (not giving more details to preserve their privacy), it’s great to see it writing!

1 Like

Unfortunately it seems the Roon Ready upgrade will require one of the newer platforms (Organik) and won’t run on the older DS variants. It’s hard to tell: the release notes say “any DS or DSM Organik” which is hard to parse accurately :slight_smile: Certainly the beta is not currently publishing itself to Roon on my old DS.

It would be very interesting to hear from any of you with dropout issues, whether the new beta on an Organik platform fixes it. Still unsure whether this is a platform or Ethernet issue in our place.

I’ve been having the same problem - never used to be an issue with Qobuz at 192KHz. Local files at 192KHz play fine, .
I did initially think it might be ISP related, but Qobuz played straight from the Linn app works fine. Restarting the Roon server clears the issue. No issues with network setup etc.
I’ve just updated my NG KDSM to the latest Beta SW and am now Roon Ready so it’ll be interesting to see if this helps in anyway.

2 Likes

Do please let us know how you get on. My Klimax DS/Exakt is not going to get “Roon Ready” - there is a small list of older models that will not be upgraded - and one of the questions I have is whether to move my source to a more modern Linn platform.

(aother Linn Klimax owner) The Roon Ready Linn firmware (4.106.537) has been out now for over a week. It works fine for 192kHz Qobuz on my Organik DSM. But then I had no 192kHz Qobuz issues before.

IMO, the main reason to upgrade to Organik is that it’s just a better DAC.

1 Like