DSD native option in ARC for Android phones with USB DACS

Hi all,

As I have said in some posts already and discussed with @brian, I would like to have DSD native option to play DSD files in ARC, installed in Android phones with an external USB DAC.

The files, ideally, can be downloaded in the phone or fetched from the Roon core, via wifi or a 5G network, although I understand that this could have communication issues depending on network quality.

The objective is to have in ARC the same capabilities that are present in the Roon core, to use to the maximum the playback capabilities of the USB DAC and to play native DSD files in the format they were recorded (DSD 64, 128, 256, even 512) with the minimum digital process possible, to have the record played in the nearest way as it was recorded.

Please, support me in this request if this ARC feature would be interesting for you and you would like to have it developed with the highest priority possible.

Thanks for your support and attention, Manuel.

Support for native DSD already baked into all Roon products except for ARC for Android. It will good to have native DSD option apart from DoP. This allow users to go to DSD256 without limitations as most USB DAC/amp support it.

As mine iFi Go Bar can support up to DSD256 but unfortunately ARC doesn’t.

Does the DAC actually support native DSD on Android? Does it work with UAPP ? Have you confirmed it does support DSD Native with Ifi as all stuff I have read says it’s windows with their driver only for that rate. It has no Linux support for native DSD so likely same for Android.

As it’s a feature suggestion, I moved it there.

This device setup screen is in ARC? Looks like ARC. How to get there? I can’t find it with my FiiO KA5 attached. Thanks

The cog you see above crossfeed.

Oh wow, I didn’t notice LOL. Thank you, Sir.

1 Like

Hi MusicFidelity,

Given I have already proposed the same feature inclusion weeks ago, don’t you think it’ would be more practical vote mine and withdraw yours?

The titles are almost identical, so I think we want the same.

I only say that because together we will be stronger and divided we will not reach our objective.

I’m not saying you have obviously the right to propose whatever feature inclusion you want. I’m saying that, dispersed the voters in various proposals almost identical, all will lose strength to convince to have it included.

Thanks for your understanding. Best, Manuel

I’ve merged the threads into one…

2 Likes

Yes, native DSD is already supported in UAPP in android. Before ARC, I’ve been using UAPP app as my mobile playback.