DSD Support For Moon Mind 2 Using MC2600 DAC

MacBook Pro - McOS Mojave i5 Intel Core

I have native DSD files (64 and 128) on my computer and have imported them into my Roon files. I can play them using my McIntosh MC2600 preamp DAC if I plug my MacBook into the USB of the MC2600. But, I would like to play them using my Moon Mind but all I hear is a hiss with the distant sound of the music.

Hardwired my Netgear Orbing Mesh Router with 500mb download speeds with Audioquest Cinnamon ethernet cable into Simaudio Moon Mind 2. Moon Mind is connected to MC2600 via coaxial.

There does not appear to be any options for DSD playback in the Roon settings. Perhaps my MC2600 does not support DSD playback ( I also cannot get Tidal Masters to play) in this configuration.

Thanks,

Hello @Robert_Harrison1,

I am unsure why MQA playback would not work with your setup. When you play MQA to the MiND zone, does Roon report the “MQA Full Decoder” element or the “MQA Core Decoder” element?

As a test, try opening the “Device Setup” screen for the MiNd zone and setting the MQA Capabilities to “Renderer Only”.

Regarding the DSD playback issue, the McIntosh C 2600 does not support DSD DoP playback over its SPDIF inputs.

To get DSD playback working with Roon, you can do the following:

1. Click on the volume widget in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
  2. Click the “DSP” button.
  3. Open the “Sample Rate Conversion” tab.
  4. Change the Sample Rate Conversion to “Custom”.
  5. Next to DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256, choose “44.1kHz”.

You can also try using 88.2kHz or 176.4kHz for the sample rate conversion. I would start with 44.1kHz to confirm that playback is working and go from there.

-John

John,

You are a steely eyed missile man! Got the Tidal Masters working as advertised and have my DSD files working at 176.4kHz.

Sounds amazing on my Wilson speakers. The Moon is a crazy good addition to my system and has opened up my world with Tidal and Qobuz. What a great product at a very sensible price.

Stream On!

Rob

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.