DSM7 - can't enable Audio device

Thanks
It has installed ok, but there is something odd.
I have migrated the HDDs from the old NAS (DS718+) to the new one (DS920+).
Unfortunately, when I try to recover the Roon backup I have made prior to migration it tells me it cannot find the path anymore. I can see that within the path there is the old nas model “Synology DS718+”
If a try to “Add Folder” the same happens.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks again

I have seen this several times, when users migrated to a new DiskStation. The model info is read from a file at /etc/synoinfo.conf. It seems, the model name is not updated here when migrating to a new DiskStation. But it should not affect the functionality in any way.

Hello, I hope you can help

I have just got a Roon subscription and installed it on my Synology DS1621+

it works perfectly with Roon ARC, and I can stream in and away from home.

However, for the Roon Desktop and Android app, i get the “no audio devices found” message

My nas is running: RoonServer_Synology_DSM7_x86-64_20220216

I understood from the messages in this chat the latest Nas package should address the problem but i can’t find a fix

Just wondering, have you specified Audio devices in the Roon settings?

The chat above was about the beta packages for DSM7, when I needed to rewrite several parts of the Synology installation procedure. These were some permission issues when migrating a Roon Server database from DSM6 to DSM7, that have already been addressed and that are no longer relevant (especially for a new installation).

This is what i see when my core is installed on the NAS
However, when I set the core to the PC, I can see all my speakers

oh ! I have this exact same problem:

• I started using Roon this morning, first install on my mac the usual way: works fine both on the laptop and my phone;

• I then noticed I couldn’t play anything when my laptop was closed, so I decided to try installing Roon on my synology as it’s always online and it’s not working as well:

I can play files on my iphone, but can’t send anything to Chromecast anymore;
the roon app on MacOS now says “No audio devices found”.

Any idea what I (we) should do?

…even stranger, now: I still can’t play the music on my Mac or my Chromecast (no audio device found) but I powered up my video projector and Roon can see and send music to this one:

Still can’t stream music from my phone, too: it’s either directly on the phone or over airplay. Can’t find chromecast.

Any idea what I should do so I can actually use Roon from the NAS?