Duplicate Artists being assigned to wrong album (Genesis)

Content you’re reporting an issue with

The Artist Genesis - there are two entries in the database. My bootleg albums have been migrating over to the wrong Genesis by Roon. Commercially released albums seem to be ok. Without a mass update, manually fixing the 268 albums in error (and their tracks) is not feasible.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I have corrected a few albums but its pointless until the duplicate artist name is fixed so that the most popular version is being applied first and not the obscure defunct version.

Is the album identified in Roon?

No, these are bootlegs

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local content

Screenshot of import settings

you don’t allow png format so the screen captures failed to drop onto the ticket.

Description of the issue

As albums are added to the directories being monitored by Roon, the content is being added to the library but under the wrong artist name. Roon is picking the least likely version of the two entries for ‘Genesis’. All duplicate artist names need to be made unique or some effort by the software needs to be made to capture the correct entry.

For what it’s worth, png images work for me. See for example this post.

I have tried to contact Tivo to fix at the source the duplicate artist.

"
Dear Content curators.

Your metadata is causing an issue with the Roon software in regards to band identification of the band ‘Genesis’. You have two instances of the band name and the minor instance is getting used on recordings that should be identified by the more well known band.

Specifically- Genesis the short lived California band is getting confused with much more well known band, Genesis from the UK and globally successful band.

Because I cannot edit the name to eliminate the duplicate, I am requesting that you edit or remove the band name of the defunct California band so that it no longer interferes with the vastly more used UK band, Genesis.

Suggested that the UK band remain ‘Genesis’ and the defunct band become ‘Genesis (CA)’ or ‘Genesis (US)’.

Also, what data governance controls exist for duplicate band names in your metadata service? What is your policy and procedure to resolve duplicates?

thank you,

John Kustak

On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 10:26:12 PM PST, DATA Client Services metadatasupport@xperi.com wrote:

Hi John,

Our online portal is for exclusive use by our enterprise customers. What resources are you looking for on our portal, so we can assist you.

To modify movie or content data in our databases, please submit your requests to the following:

content.movies@xperi.com
content.music@xperi.com

Thanks,
Bryan Delgadillo
Metadata Support

ref:_00D409pu7._5004y2Fy6R1:ref
"

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.