Duplicate Artists - local files assigned to wrong artist

I use local files on a ROCK and Qobuz.

On Qobuz there are 2 artists that have the same name. One is Abc the other is ABC so the only difference is capitalization.

Whenever I add local files to my ROCK storage via drag and drop to the appropriate folder, they wind up being assigned artist 1 as the primary artist, when they should be assigned to artist 2.

Currently every time I add a live show from artist 2 I have to edit album, remove primary artist 1, add primary artist 2; then sometimes even need to select all the tracks and remove the credits of primary artist 1.

I have no local files associated with artist 1 and will never listen to them. Is there anyway to change this default behavior so that I don’t have to perform this process every time? Essentially hiding artist 1 somehow.

In the Artists section of Roon, under the circle with 3 dots, is the same ability to merge and edit Artists that we have with Albums. Try that out.

Thanks but then I will see all of artist 1s albums with artist 2. I do not want to have to scroll through artists 1 albums to find artist 2 as I’m not interested in seeing artist 1 at all

Oh, I see… They seem to be, in fact, two different artists. You had indicated that the only difference was the capitalization and I seem to have read you too literally. Before I go on trying to give you ideas, can you confirm that these are indeed two completely separate and unrelated artists?

Two completely different artists. One is European and the other is US based. That and the capitalization are the only differences. The artist I’m importing is the US non- capitalized one yet is being assigned to the capitalized European one.

Aha. I am not in front of Roon right now, but what happens if you “ban” the undesired artist?