Dynamic Range Metric - Track and Title - Feature Request

This would ba a fantastic addition, and is currently the only reason I still dip into JRiver occasionally.

+1 On the DR Meter.

1 Like

The ability to compute and filter DR range would be a great addition.

Maybe Roon should try to incorporate sth like MusicScope’s approach (or join forces with them) :

I really like this tool and use it quite often to evaluate digital copies and hi-res files.

Cheers
Andreas

I agree this would be a great addition.

+1 On the DR Meter.

@danny @brian , here’s an implementation of the Dynamic Range calculation: https://github.com/simon-r/dr14_t.meter that demonstrates the algorithm applied.

2 Likes

http://www.pleasurizemusic.com/free-downloads

Seems this DR rating is quite widely accepted by Germany

@Cheung_Hon_Wah@evand’s link is good. The pleasureizemusic link is binary only, no algorithm, etc… it is not useful to help implementation.

Another “yes” vote on some sort of DR Metric. Understand that any algorithm will have flaws but as mentioned knowledge is power so let’s start somewhere. :slight_smile:

+1 on EBU R128

+1 vote for the DR meter

Would love this feature, even in a basic format.

1 Like

+1 Any progress on this? This has been added to Audirvana + and I find it really a really useful way to sort.

I let my subscription lapse waiting for this as it is one of essential pieces of metadata needed for me to manage the multiple versions I have. Hoping to be able to step back in in the future.

As far as I know it’s done and will be in 1.3, but I’m speculating.

Why is this so important for you? Why not trust your ears?

Who’s not trusting their ears? Currently, I use an off-line tool to calculate DR and determine which versions I have. This requires copying all versions I might have from a NAS, running an off-line tool, and comparing to an on-line database. The metadata, filtering and sorting, is the primary feature that I am interested in as a user. I think this is described earlier in the thread.

Also, sometimes you may just want to search your library against this metric depending on your mood (i.e. a particular genre, from a certain time period, with a 4-5 star review, and a DR >10 for example.

1.3 will implement R128 loudness range calculation during analysis.

3 Likes